Chapter 20-fighting in the Wild

800+ reads!! I'm really thankful for the people who read my book! It means a lot to me!

Jasper park, Canada.
Elliott's POV

Being an enhanced human has its benefits, along with its problems, technically I'm considered an inhuman, but I don't see it as much.

I kinda forgot I was in a den, in a forest. So when I woke up I confused myself, kinda forgot about that.

Natasha was still sound asleep, I moved her off of me. I carefully laid her down, placing her head onto the backpack.

It's early so might as well scout the area, maybe go on a hunt. Oh that would be some fun.

I shifted, the wind felt good against my fur, the crisp Canadian breeze made me shiver slightly.

I looked back to Natasha one more time before setting my sights forward into the forest. The leaves crunched under my paws as i started to slightly jog through the forest.

I picked up the sent of a lone deer, Perfect.

The deer was about 20 feet away from me, i crouched Down close to the ground, I crawled forward slowly.

As soon as I was seven feet away from the deer, I pounced onto the deers back and bit into it's neck. The deer started running with me on it causing me
To bite harder.

It soon collapsed to the ground, dead. "Wow! what a rush!" I exclaimed exited my tail wagging around, this was the first time I've done this. 

I grabbed it by the antlers with my mouth, started to pull it back to the temporary den.

I guess this is were I'm lucky to have extra strength.

When I got back to the den Natasha wasn't there, her sent was still very recent. I dropped the deer at the entrance. "Natasha?"

I picked up the smell of smoke a few feet away. I followed it and saw Natasha siting by the fire on a log. She had changed into a sports bra with a black muscle shirt and black leggings.

I grabbed the deer and pulled it closer to her. "I caught us lunch"

"How dose it feel to be in your natural habitat?" She joked, I shifted back into my human form. "It's fun" I pulled out my pocket knife and started to cut the deer.

"We'll have some for later, but we'll be good" I cut off a good chunk of meat placing it on the fire.

"Okay, first thing first is we move north, the village should be around there but keep in mind we might run into trouble, who knows what else is out there" I sat Down next to her on the log.

"How many wolves are in the area? I know how populated this place is"

"Well I didn't pick up any sent when I went hunting so theirs no one around" I confirmed.

3 hours later

Me and Natasha were walking through the forest, I was in wolf form "Elliott?" Natasha stopped walking.

I stopped dead in my tracks, I was ears twitched as I Hurd leaves crunch around us.

"I pick up more then one" I looked around, I can't see anyone but I know their there.