Chapter 45-new friends

Clint's farm house 3rd person

Clint's farm house
3rd person

Rica stood outside on the porch of Clint's home, enjoying the cool wind that was blowing through the area.

She watched Steve and tony chopping wood. The two going on about the responsibility's of protecting the world, a sentence so new to rica that she has trouble understanding the importance of it.

Rica was more then surprised to see Steve rip a log in half only using his bear hands. She blushed lightly at the thoughts running through her head.

Laura Stepped our from the house walking up to the to bickering men. "I'm sorry, mr stark. . . Clint said you wouldn't mind, but our tractor doesn't seem to want to start at all, I thought maybe you might—"

"Yeah, I'll give her a kick" tony nodded his head as her started to walk away. "Don't take from my pile" rica giggled at the childish attitude from stark.

Laura walked past the young woman, entering her home.

As everyone on the team, Steve was just as affected by the close friend of hers, his mind probably still in a Whirlpool.

She wanted to talk to him, so Rica stepped off of the patio walking up to the super soldier. "Steve?"

Steve's eye's averted from the wood at his feet to the blond girl standing only a few feet away from him. "Rica"

Rica walked over to the other axe. "Want some help?" She asked.

"Be my guest" Steve took another log braking it in half.

Rica did the same. But her eyes stayed on Steve. She hated herself for the thoughts in her head as she knew she was. . . Different to say the least. "You okay?" Steve asked her.

Rica shook her head letting the idea go. "Yeah, I'm fine" a small blush crept up onto her cheeks. "But are you okay?" She questioned.

"beyond all other things, yeah I guess I'm doing okay" steve answered. Letting himself relax at the presents of rica.

"Do you want to talk about it? What you saw?" Rica asked hesitantly.

"There's really nothing to talk about" Steve dropped the axe. He turned to walk away from rica, not wanting to continue the conversation, the vision still fresh in his mind.

"Steve!" Rica called out before he could get any further. "Please, I-I just want to talk" Rica messed the tips of her hair, a sign of nervousness to the shifter.