Chapter 28-kiss me

Before we get with the chapter, I want to say thanks so much for 2K reads! It means a lot to me that y'all read the book! It motivates me to keep going!

Mall in Washington DC
ELLIOTT'S POV

Natasha, Steve and I are walking in the Washington DC mall to get to an apple store.

"First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk" Natasha said. Steve looked around, he was very paranoid.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off" Steve wasn't all to happy about the change of clothes.

"At least it's comfortable, I'd rather be in this then some restricting gear" I added.

We swiftly made it to the apple store, we got to one of the laptops on display. "The drive has a level six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D. Will know exactly where we are" Natasha explained as she typed on the laptop.

"How much time will we have?" I asked looking down at the laptop. Steve and I stood behind her so people won't see the laptop and what were doing.

"About 9 minutes from. . .now" Natasha placed the hard drive into the laptop, a whole bunch of information came up. "Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something, this drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands" well that's simple enough.

"Can you override it?" Steve asked.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly"

I chuckled after she said that. "It's not impossible to be smarter "

She typed in a different code, ignoring my comment. "I'm gonna try and run a tracer, this is a program that S.H.I.L.D. Developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from"

I Hurd footsteps behind me, then a different voice. "Can I help you guys with anything?" I turned around to see one of the workers walk up to us.

I didn't know what to say, luckily Natasha started to talk. She put a hand on Steve's shoulder. "Oh, no. My friend here is just helping me and my fiancé with some honeymoon destinations" she placed her arms around me for as she said this, she turned back to the computer so I needed to keep it going. "Right. We're getting married" I said nervously.

"Yeah they just have a hard time deciding" Steve added.

The worker looked to me. "Congratulations. Where are you guys thinking about going?"