Chapter 4

Dinner was delicious, vibrant and thoroughly normal.  I have had so many firsts in this home and with this family and I realised that without them I had sunk within myself.   Hopefully opening up to them can be the start of me finding myself.  

Game night was vicious.   Regardless of the love we share that is out of the window when COD becomes online.  Winning is everything and I can't help laugh at the testosterone being thrown around.

It was gone 11pm before I pulled myself upstairs leaving the boys to finish their final game.  I best send a text to Brandon he is likely to be asleep.

Pria:  Hi sorry it's late I've been in battle. If your asleep we'll catch up tomorrow x

Brandon: Hey Diner buddy did you win? x

Pria: I laughed too much to have stood a chance.  It's just good to be home x

Brandon: Are you heading to bed?

Pria: I'm not sleepy just yet x

I had only just sent the text when my phone was ringing.  My whole face smiled at the sound of his voice.

Brandon:  good evening beautiful. 

Pria: oh shush you.  How did your meeting go?

Brandon: all good really.  I may be busy for a few days but wondered if you are free next Friday?

Pria: I haven't any plans as yet

Brandon:  good let me take you out there is a new tapas bar and I think we need to expand our dining experience

Pria: perfect I love eating and now I have a buddy to share the experience.

Talking to Brandon was easy.  I wasn't sure if he had romantic tendencies I just had to hope he did.   Even if he didn't I was sure it was a friendship I wanted.  We chatted about his brothers including his twin.  I felt physically drained from laughing at the stories he told. 

I couldn't believe we talked for over three hours.   Even though I was shattered I was reluctant to finish our conversation and I somehow knew he felt the same.

After I had stopped talking to Brandon I didn't move from the bed, didn't get changed just fell asleep fully clothed with a heavenly smile on my face. 

Waking up I couldn't believe I was still dressed.  Good job it was just leggings and a t shirt.    I jumped in the shower and headed downstairs to start my egg and bacon muffins.   Gerry and Jacob had a match today so I decided to make a batch for them to take for the team. 

Once the muffins were cooling I whisked some eggs to make omelettes.   I heard them before I saw them coming down the stairs.

"Morning kiddo" "morning princess" "muffins yay" I heard altogether.  Derek placed a kiss on my forehead before passing and preparing the coffee.   Gerry blew me a kiss already having a muffin in his hand as he sat at the island.  Jacob sidled up beside me wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I've missed you" he declared.  "Need any help?" He always was a sweet boy and I hoped he never lost that. 

"Lay out some plates and you can grab some juice.   Do we want plain or cheese omelettes?" I asked.   Everyone agreed to cheese. 

Breakfast was peaceful.  Gerry and Jacob dashed off with the muffins for their match.  Derek helped me clean up then had left for a meeting, one he was a little elusive about.  I thought some training was in order and decided to visit my old friend Jay at the gym. 

Driving up to 'Bump and Grind' I noticed it had changed a lot.   It had new facia and it looks like it has been expanded also.  Grabbing my bag I approached the front door.   The reception area was an explosion of colour.   Light blue walls each adorning a multi coloured mural.   A guy was behind the counter and he was massive.   Short dark cropped hair with devilishly dark eyes he must be at least 6ft5 and had a Myriad of tattoos.