Chaoter 5

I wasn't as rusty as I thought.  That didn't mean that Jay went easy on me at all.   For 2 hours we fought for control of the fight but if I was honest we were quite evenly matched. 

As we finished Jay collected a couple of water bottle for us.  The cold water felt delicious as it gently cooled my insides.  "You have so much potential girl.  I would recommend you thinking of setting up some sessions with Raven.   He is an exceptional fighter but has a phenomenal talent at picking out your flaws and implementing immediate improvements" he explained. 

"I shall think about it.   Does he do classes I may need to feel more comfortable with him before any physical contact" Jay was aware I had issues and never pushed for any explanations.

"Sure, he does a self defence class for men and women.   He has a conditioning class and at weekend runs an assault course which we've built out back" he visually preened at this statement.   "Want to check it out?"

"Yes" I was excited at seeing a potential new challenge.  I grabbed my bag and followed Jay through the building to a set of double doors.   We walked through into a glass enclosure.

It was huge and had a boxing ring and workout station to the left.   To the right was an array of vending machines with varying drinks and water.  But ahead of me was a massive assault and parkour course.  It looked amazing and I was hit with an immediate buzz.

"I can't wait to have a go" i almost screeched.  Jay giggled slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"I knew you would I'll send you Raven's schedule and number then it's up to you".  He guided me back through the building.  "Are we gonna set up regular sessions again?" We we're back in reception as Jay made his way around the back of the desk. 

"Yeah I'd like that" I watched as he went onto the computer.

"I can do early session any day for you or a Tuesday and Thursday evening.  Do you want a gym pass also?" Jay asked.

"Yeah a gym pass would be good can I pay for a year in advance and can we do Monday Wednesday and Friday morning for fitness and running.  Then Tuesday and Thursday fighting schedule and I'll think about the course with Raven at the weekend?" I saw a slight smile on Jays face. 

"I knew you would go all out.  How about thinking of one of your evening sessions with Raven to start out.  You'll benefit sparring with both of us and it will push you out of your comfort zone.  Raven and I have been considering setting up sparring tournaments the last Friday of each month.  I'll let you know if we go ahead as that will help even further" he clicked through a few things on the computer and placed some paperwork in front of me.

"I've got all your details from previously so sign below" he gave me a pen and pointed to the paperwork.  Once completed he handed me a key card for the gym.  I handed over my credit card and paid for the membership.   "It's good to have you back, you have my number if you need anything" he winked as he handed back my card. 

"Thanks Jay I've missed this.  Your a good friend" I placed my purse back into my bag and secured it on my shoulder.

"I've never pushed you but if ever need to talk I'm a good listener" he came back into reception and pulled me into a hug.

"Good god Jay could you have done that before you were sweaty" I pushed on his shoulders with a slight smile.  "Jesus you stink man".

I swung myself back towards the exits listening to the laughing Jay I left behind me.   Getting back into my car my body felt the consequences but I was starting to feel more like a me that I was aiming for.