Chapter 39

Walking into the room you could feel the charge and tension.  Raven came straight to me and kissed me.   It was determined and heartfelt and over as quickly as it started.  "Good to see me da" he smiled and winked. 

Axel walked to me and pulled me to him as he kissed my forehead.   "Hey love, your looking much better" he released me as Corey reached our and squeezed my hand before returning his attention to his screen.  I knew he was busy. 

"Pria it's good to see you" Phil approached as I went to shake his outstretched hand and he pulled me into a gentle hug.  "Our priority is Gerry and Derek sweetheart" I warmed at his reassurance. 

"Are the Andersons on target" I asked walking to look at the bank of screens.  "They had a couple of contacts at the sheriff's office one is in pursuit and one is the car thief they have just approached the location of the container and the deputy is arresting the perp" Axel explained. 

I looked to the scene to see a black Mercedes with a young man handcuffed to the side and a deputy talking in his radio.  The container is clearly behind them. 

"The deputy has radio'd the sheriff to explain that he has arrested the perp but that there is a container in the trees and is illegally on Mr Birchmont's land.  Luckily Mr Birchmont is a close friend of the sheriff" Axel said. 

I watched the deputy put the perp in the back of his patrol car as he went around the container with his torch.  He suddenly put his head to the container and got on his radio again.

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"Looks like her has heard something.  I'm guessing.  Corey update" Axel asked.

Deputy has confirmed voices coming from container.  Sheriff has contacted Barry to bring a grinder to gain access and is currently securing a van and an ambulance to arrive on scene.  Andersons are close by to make sure they aren't ambushed.  Looks like things are running smoothly" he answered.

I took a seat and moved it beside Corey eyes glued to the screens.

"Can I get anyone a drink?" Axel asked. I was about to say no when coffee blinked into my mind and I shouted.

"Marc!!!" I swivelled to look at Axel in a panic. "Has he checked in? Is he ok? Sorry with everything I didn't ask and it suddenly hit me. I hope he's ok" I stumbled out.

Corey's hand landed on my leg I turned to face him. "Sugar he is fine he checked in and is on his way home. The meeting was a little uneventful but they've managed to put a bug on Jizz" Corey explained.

I relaxed into my chair and placed my hand on top of Corey's. He laced his fingers with mine but kept his eyes on the screens.

Axel left with Phil, I presumed to get a drink. Raven had sat at the table and started to clean a gun. I looked back to the monitors and noticed another patrol car had joined the deputy.

As they were stood talking a grey van and a recovery truck pulled up. I watched as five men surrounded the doors to the container. One man went to the recovery truck and returned with an axel grinder and I was transfixed.

My stomach wouldn't stop turning as I wondered what or who was in the container. The man returned to the recovery truck and as Sheriff approached and spoke to him he got into his truck and drove off.

That left the sheriff the deputy and two other officers. The sheriff and deputy took out their guns and torches as the other officers opened the container doors holding their weapons to their side.

The scene unravelled before me and watching the officers body language didn't help my churning stomach.

One of the officers at the door held his nose as the deputy and other officer approached. It seemed like hours as I watched the two men disappear into the container. The deputy came back out suddenly and spoke to the sheriff who holstered his gun and got on the radio.