Chapter 6

Spending that extra money on my shower is the best investment to date. Not only could it fit approximately 3 people, it had body jets and a blow dry option. It was pure luxury. When my Dads renovated the loft I paid for the bathroom myself knowing that i wanted the works. This included a 7ft brass whirlpool bath. 

After my shower I dressed in a soft velvet jumpsuit and padded my way downstairs. Derek wasn't due home until later but my footy guys were due in about an hour. I started with some fresh juice mixing orange, lime and kiwi. I then made some fresh bread rolls to go with the bratwurst sausages I knew Gerry would be happy to throw on the BBQ. I finished with a green salad and made a fresh vinegar and mint dressing.

I grabbed my laptop and headed outside. Getting myself comfy on the outside lounger I logged into my emails. Mr Stuart had already replied, which I wasn't surprised about he had made it clear of his interest in me and although I had declined he had been very supportive.

We arranged my study plan and set a deadline for my project. He wasn't aware I had already completed my painting project and had left it with a colleague Marie. It had been a painting that had been finished in a mixture of charcoal and paints showing the black and white on one side that merged over to colour on the other side. It was a self portrait of me crying. It was exposed and raw and yet as it developed into colour it showed growth and a hint of beauty.

When I had completed the piece I had been surprised how much emotion shone on the canvas. My colleague Marie had cried when she saw it. She was a sculptor and we had connected through our art but nothing outside of the classroom. She was happy to pass my piece to Mr Stuart as she had a huge crush on him, it was useful to me as I had no one else to ask.

My business studies course had a final exam and I scheduled that for next week online.  I noticed my phone chime. As I reached over I saw it was Brandon.

Brandon: Hey lovely how's your day going?

Pria: oh it's been excellent. I was just running through a few emails. How's you?

Brandon: it's been busy but I wanted to check on you. My schedule has changed and I wondered if you were busy tomorrow for say a late lunch? X

Pria: I have no plans what were you thinking? x

Brandon: A surprise for our first official date ;) x

Pria: oh it's a date is it? Any clues on dress code x ;p

Brandon: preferably trousers and causal. Food wise is there anything your allergic to? x

Pria: not that I know of. Now I am intrigued Sir? x

Brandon: no guessing let me surprise you I want to make a good first impression x

Pria: you've already done that DB ;) xx

Brandon: DB? Let the sweeping off of feet commence x

Pria: (Diner Buddy). I look forward to tomorrow xx

Brandon: must dash need to do some work to make sure I can get some beauty sleep before tomorrow xx

Pria: stay safe DB xx

I was grinning like a fool cradling my phone to me as I heard the french doors open and the whole footy crew explode onto the decking cheering and jumping.

"I take it you won" I couldn't help giggle as Jacob grabbed my hand and pulled me into the celebration.

"Who's hungry" Gerry shouted. A concoction of 'yeah' was declared around us.

"I've got sausages for the grill and made some fresh rolls, juice and salad" I explained to Gerry as I made my way back inside. As I turned back to the crowd "why don't you boys take a quick shower in the summer house and either go in the pool
or jacuzzi we will shout when food is ready" it sounded like a hoard of animals running over the decking then the patio. I laughed boys were so easily pleased.

Gerry walked over gently cupping my elbow. "Stop spoiling the crew they'll expect this every weekend" he chuckled.

We made our way back inside into the kitchen. "By the time this is prepared I think Derek should be home" I said.

"I think I'll prep some burgers as well those boys can eat" Gerry said. I started to take utensils plates and cups to our outside table. I placed the rolls and salad under a protective net umbrella and decided to make a fruit salad.

I passed Gerry with his slab of meat for the grill and smirked as I entered the kitchen seeing the mess he had left. I cleaned it all up prepped a fruit salad and left it in the fridge as the boys may want some ice pops in this heat. I heard the front door and went to meet Derek.

He pulled me into an embrace and then released me holding my shoulders. Looking into his eyes I got the impression he was searching for something. "I see a slight spark back little girl, keep at it" he placed his arm around my shoulder as we made our way through the house.

"I've made a start" I knew the reassurance was for us both. As we reached the french doors I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Derek went out and slid his arm around Gerry placing a kiss to his cheek.

The boys were larking around in the pool. "Guys dry off food is nearly ready" Gerry bellowed. I turned and pulled out my phone.

Brandon: thinking about you sweet cheeks. Be ready for 1pm tomorrow xx

Pria: can't wait xx

I smiled as a little whirlwind suddenly materialised in my tummy and I realised the thought of tomorrow exited me.  I liked this man a lot.

Arms appeared around my waist. "You ok princess?" Gerry asked me. I nodded. "Come on and help me feed this rabble" I turned with him going back outside.

I don't think help was needed as hands flew around grabbing at food. I decided to fill some cups up with juice and once the chaos subdued I helped myself to some salad and a hot dog. Before I was able to grab a cup of juice a mug appeared in front of me with the sweet aroma of coffee.

I glance to the side to see a wicked gleam on Dereks face. "Thought this would be more apt" I matched his wicked gleam and settled myself to enjoy this tasty food.