Chapter 33

Sergeant Jasper was a huge complex and had a reception entrance that was manned 24/7.   It was a modern white brick building that surrounded a central courtyard. 

Along with apartments the building had a laundry, gym and swimming pool.  I was super excited to have a dip in the pool sometime.

Along with current academy members it also housed retired members and people who'd been involved with Academy and needed shelter.  This varied from support staff to victims and academy members extended family. 

The unit was run by retired members and had a huge security presence.  It was more secure than HQ, Corey had happily bragged as they showed me around.  It was vert impressive. 

Raven had gone upstairs with Axel and Brandon whilst Corey and Marc gave me a tour. We had only done a quick tour as there was food waiting for us. We travelled up to the top floor in the elevator. As Corey had hit the button for the 3rd floor a tab had opened and he had put in a key. He explained that the 3rd floor was all theirs, part living area part work area so the key access was added security for their floor.

As the elevator doors opened we walked out into a foyer. It was all white with a few potted plants. A keypad was used to gain entry and opened into a smaller hallway. Their was a double door to the left which Corey showed me was their coat closet as he hung up my jacket. 

He explained the right door led to their work room, meeting room, weapons storage and sparring gym.  I would get a proper tour once we had eaten.

Corey led me through the hallway as it opened to a huge lounge area the opposite wall was complete glass and led to a large balcony that had a table and chairs.  This is where Raven, Axel and Brandon were waiting.

Going outside they had a couple of pasta dishes, salad and garlic bread. Axel poured me an apple juice as I settled into a chair. We ate in comparative silence but it wasn't awkward I think we were all just processing the new information.

Once we cleaned up we were sat on the sofas in the lounge.   "Corey has quite a lot of work ahead so he is going to visit a friend of ours, Victor to help.  They are going to look at Stuart's laptop, cameras for the college and penitentiary.  Once they have pictures of anyone they either have concerns with or any other information Corey will let us know.  Raven and Brandon are going to check out properties for Vlad, Slice and any members or persons affiliated with the Gold Devil MC.  They are going to highlight any they think need surveillance or further checks.  I am going to visit Slice's old comrades to see if I can gather any further information.  I also know a crew that are looking for vengeance on Slice and they may be willing to help.  Marc is going to visit the Jackson team they have had contact from Jizz and are setting up a meet" Axel explained.

"Ok so what about me?" I asked. 

"We need you to speak with Pierre and we can set you up in our surveillance room.   You can liaise with Raven and Brandon to confirm the cameras are set up correctly if they fit any" Axel said. 

My rage was unexpected but hit so suddenly I couldn't contain it.   I clenched my fists as a shudder sped through me as I tried to control my urge to explode. 

"Let's make one thing clear.  I am in my own right an Academy member.  You will not try to wrap me in a bubble.  I appreciate none of you want me in danger, however I feel the same.  The difference is I give you the trust that you will do everything to keep each other and yourselves safe.  None of you have offered the same courtesy.   If you cannot support me to be an equal member of this team I will seek my own way of handling things without consulting any of you" I was surprised how controlled I kept myself, however I couldn't stop the anger showing or keep the coolness out of my voice. 

They all exchanged panicked glances as they realised how much they had upset me. 

"Pria, I'm sorry as team lead I took the decision to try and keep you away from harm.   It's true that you deserve as much trust and respect we give each other.  You can either come with me or with Brandon and Raven or Marc" Axel explained as he walked over to me and sat next to me taking my hand. 

"My first instinct was as you said to hide you away.   I'm sorry.   I will never underestimate your skills or your value as part of this team" I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss to his lips. 

"Thank you" I placed my hand on his check as he leant into my touch.  "I think Raven and Brandon will be fine checking the properties and Marc is enough with the Jackson team but I am not sending you out with no back up.  So saddle up partner it's me and you" he leant forward and kissed me.  Not softly or sweetly but like a thief on the run he stole it quickly taking my breath away.  Leaning back he smiled and squeezed my hand before letting go. 

"Right we all know our assignments.  We all have to check in on the hour I will set up a specific group chat.  If anyone does not check in they become priority.   If we have urgent updates redline and we will meet back here at the earliest opportunity.  Corey I think it would be best if you ask Victor to come here and maybe a couple of his other team members as back up" Axel advised. 

I was really impressed how he guided his team and how security of each member was always foremost in his mind. 

"Right let's get changed and head out.  Pria I'll show you to our spare room we had an academy member supply some clothes once your ready let us know.  Well show you around our work area quickly and set up our weapons". Axel held out his hand and as I stood he put his hand to the small of my back and led me to a corridor to the right.

We passed a few doorways until he opened a door and I stepped into a bedroom. It held a queen size bed with bedside cabinets and dressing table to the left all in white. To the right was oblong in-wall fireplace that stretched the whole wall. In front of the fire was a curved sofa in a grey chenille with a fluffy white throw over the back. The room was decorated in different shades of grey to the walls with a lovely grey and lemon throw on the bed. The large window had yellow heavily draped curtains with small grey hearts with the material.

I was quiet as Axel showed me the closet and I followed him through a second door.

The en-suite was a walk in wet room. The fixtures were white including a large circular white bath I'm sure would fit at least 5 people. All the tiling were again grey with the towels yellow.

"Do you like? We decided on yellow as it was a colour that hadn't been used in our apartment. Corey calls it our sunshine room" Axel chuckled.

"It's lovely Axel. I'll get changed and meet you outside" I know I had essentially dismisses Axel I just needed a few minutes alone.

As we went back into the bedroom I watched him leave closing the door behind him. I noticed some carrier bags on the bed and went to inspect the contents.

I pulled out the toiletries and put them in the bathroom. The underwear and spare clothes I removed the tags and placed in the closet. I kept out some black jeans, black boots and a grey jumper.

Whoever had put the bags together were good. I had one set of all types of weather clothing and shoes. I also noticed a swimsuits and gym gear.

I had my leather jacket I could use for tonight so pulled my hair up and applied a small amount of make up.

It was simple and would suit most situations. As I took a seat on the sofa to put on my boots I took a moment to centre myself.

I was surprised how well I was coping emotionally knowing my Dads were missing. I took a few breaths knowing that I needed to be sane to remain useful. I would not allow my fears to control me. I repeated this mantra a few time's before going out to meet the boys.