Chapter 26

"Pria where are you?" I heard Derek shouting.  I tried to jump up but felt an arm around my waist and a leg entwined with mine from the front. 

I looked up and Marc was curled to my front with his leg around mine.   His left hand was placed under his chin.  He really was a handsome man.

"Pria" it sounded a little more urgent.  I carefully unwrapped my legs and moved the arm off my waist.   As I got to my knees I looked over my shoulder to see it was Brandon behind me. 

I shouldn't but I really liked the idea that he had been cuddled with me all night.  I shook my head i was not considering anything about my personal life at the moment. 

Once free I jumped up and made my way upstairs and straight into Gerry.  "She's here love" he shouted as he swept me into his embrace. 

"Good god child I felt sick when Phil told me.  Are you sure your ok?" Derek asked as he pulled both me and Gerry into his arms. 

"I'm safe Dads honestly" I mumbled into Gerrys chest. 

They released me as their eyes checked over me.  "The guys stayed with me.  They wouldn't leave until you were home" I explained.  "What time is it?"

Gerry had taken a seat at the island and was taking heavy breaths.  Derek walked to him pulling him into his side.

"It's just gone 6am baby girl" Derek explained comforting Gerry.

"So who's 'they'" Derek asked narrowing his eyes.  Well this was going to be hard to explain.

"Marc, Raven, Corey and Brandon.  Axel was here but he went home.  They secured me and the house but said it was unsafe to leave me alone" I explained. 

Derek watched me and suddenly let go of Gerry and walked towards the basement.  I knew protective papa mode was in motion and was too tired to fight it.   Gerry stood and gave me another gentle squeeze.   "So we have seven for breakfast today princess" he said as he walked to the fridge to check the contents. 

"How about you make your bacon and egg muffins.  I'll make a pancake batch up and do some extra bacon and when king kong comes back up he can do a fruit bowl and some fresh juice" Gerry said.  I knew that when he was worried he would need to be busy.  We were both quite similar in that way.

I heard loud voices downstairs but they are grown men that can look after themselves.   I mixed my muffin bake and found crispy bacon leftover in the fridge.  I switched on the oven and started the coffee machine. 

I pulled out the muffin tins lined them and poured in the mixture.   Setting the time I started on the fruit bowl. 

Raven was the first to appear and he was laughing.  My guess is nothing phases him.  Corey came up next and thought he had the least to be concerned over but he looked worried. 

"Can we help?" Corey asked. 

"If you could lay the table please.  We can sit outside it's a lovely morning and not cold" I suggested.   I showed Corey where the plates were in the side unit. 

Raven and Corey went back and forth with plates and cutlery.  I heard shouting from downstairs.  I placed the bowl of fruit in the fridge washed my hands and went down to the basement.

Derek was shouting at Brandon.  "I can't believe you would just leave and not tell her everything.  You have no idea of the woman you threw away"

"He does Derek believe me.  He was a mess and we should shoulder some blame also as we had put pressure on him" Marc said. 

No one had noticed my approach and after hearing what Marc said I stopped.  My mind whirled at the memories of the conversation with Brandon.