Chapter 40

Corey turned back to the screens, Raven was leant against the wall staring at Axel and Axel looked at me his expressions shut down. 

Brandon touched my elbow and I jerked it out of his reach.  They had an update that obviously affected me and instead of coming to get me they had met behind my back.   I heard a shuffle and turned to notice Marc also.  He was looking at his feet and had his hands jammed into his pockets.

"Take a seat Pria" Axel instructed.   I struggled to hold onto my anger but I was heartbroken that they had not included me as a team member     How on earth were we ever to make this work as a relationship when they put me on the outside. 

I took a seat so I could see all of them and Corey turned around also.  I focused on Axel knowing that I didn't want to see them struggling when they created this situation. 

"Your Dad's have been located" Axel stated.

"The container?" I asked and was surprised at the control in my voice.   I wasn't surprised how cold and hard I sounded. 

"Yes, they have been taken to County General.   There is an Academy section and Phil is leading their care" Axel said.

"How are they?" my voice had lost a little of the hardness.

"At first inspection Derek has a broken arm possible rib injuries and a lot of bruising but he is conscious and fairing well" he closed his eyes for a second and continued.  "Gerry is unconscious, he has a head injury and has been rushed as priority" I saw his mask waver as I saw his apprehension.

"Ok can someone give Jacob and I a lift" I warmed my tone and relaxed my appearance.   I wanted to check something first.  

"We will all come with you" Axel said.

"Brandon can I borrow your phone?" I knew at this moment he wouldn't refuse me. 

He passed his phone unlocked and I went straight to his messages.

Group Toma: meeting room now.  Urgent update. 

My heart dropped.  They had purposely called a meeting without me.   I sighed.  Passing Brandon his phone back I stood to leave the room. 

"Do you think it's wise taking Jacob.  Maybe go to the hospital and check on your Dad's first" Marc suggested.

I swivelled back to look at him my anger now apparent.  "I don't leave out my family just because the situation is hard.  We will face it together and support each other.  Isn't that what family should do?" I said. 

I watched Marc gulp and made eye contact with each person to show my disappointment and left the room. 

Pushing back my tears and my own sadness I reached Brandon's room.  I took a few breaths knowing it was more important to be strong for Jacob now.

As I went in the computer game was on the screen but no Jacob.   I heard the toilet flush and he came back into the room.   Looking at me he instantly knew something was wrong.

"Pria?" he looked devastated.

"Hey champ it isn't that bad.  Come on" I led him to the bed and we sat down.

"There is so much to explain but for now I need you to be patient.   Ok?" I watched him nod as I took hold of his hand.  "Our Dad's and I are involved in an organisation that sometimes can hold some danger.  As you know our Dad's went missing.    They have been found and have some injuries.  We are going to the hospital shortly to confirm what's wrong" I explained as gently and calmly as I could.