Chapter 28

Going downstairs I felt more relaxed than I had the last few days.   As I entered the kitchen Corey had his head in the fridge, Raven was sat at the island and Marc was fiddling with the coffee machine. 

As I entered they all looked at me. "Hi" I said smiling to everyone as I went to Corey and hip bumped him.

"Hey" he said smiling.  I looked in the fridge and side eyed Corey.  

"Does everyone like Chilli con carne, we can have them in tacos with salad and ciabatta bread.   I can make some tiramisu also.  I think we have some honey ice cream my dad made to have with it" I asked as I stood and turned to look at everyone I was surprised to see the desire in their eyes.

I coughed "are you guys ok?" I looked at Corey who just starting laughing.  Now I was confused.  "Corey?" 

"I'm sorry sweetheart I don't think the boys are used to someone who can cook so well and I think you just turned talking about food into porn" I looked back at Raven and Marc who were both still frozen.

"Is this how they react to porn?" I teased.  Raven and Marc suddenly moved.  Raven took me in his arms and started kissing my neck as Marc wrapped around my back and kissed across my shoulder.

"Ok ok I give" I giggled.  Note to self do not tease these men.  Raven let me go and Marc turned me around. 

"Less kissing more cooking" he laughed as he pushed me towards the oven and slightly smacked my bum. I glanced back over my shoulder and laughed. 

"Ok go do something Boys" I moved to the fridge and started to pull out ingredients.

Cooking helped me in many ways.  Sometimes it was a distraction or even just to relax.  Exercise was my main go to function when I was in need of a boost but cooking was the next best option. 

I put on some music as I pottered around the kitchen.  Once the tiramisu was prepped I popped it into the fridge and started with my bread.  

The chilli con carni was easy as once prepped it can be left on the stove.  The ciabatta bred was ready to bake so I left the stove on low and filled a mug from the coffee. 

Going outside I sat in one of the decking chairs.  It was a beautiful day and I hadn't spent a lot of time outside the last few days.   I heard the click of the door and noticed Brandon had come outside. 

He took a seat next to me with his own mug of coffee and reached to hold my free hand. 

We sat in comfortable silence.  I missed this.  His touch had such an impact on me and I knew that I would never be satisfied with just being friends. 

"Are you ok?" I asked looking over to him.  He looked surprised.

"I should be asking you that.  I'm just worried about you and thought if nothing else I would show you I am here and not going anywhere" he explained giving me a sweet smile.

"You and your twin have such opposite personalities but you are both very sweet and intuitive" I said holding his gaze. 

"Are you ok with us all in your home? I want you to feel that you have a say and as long as your safe we can try and accommodate your requests" I giggled.  "What!?" he said.

"Brandon stop walking on egg shells I am ok.  I think the chat with Corey and the cooking helped.  What about after dinner we have a family meeting with everyone.  I think a talk is overdue" I assured him. 

"Are you sure?" he almost whispered. 

"Yeah I want things to be better for all of us and the only way that will change is if we talk" I said.