Chapter 19

I woke to find Jacob gone and his blankets folded.   Picking up my phone it was 9.44am.  Good god I never sleep that late.  I stretched.  I had slept ok but somehow felt awful.  I then remembered seeing Brandon and that explained how I was feeling.

Pushing away thoughts about last night I folded my blankets and put them all away in the cupboard.  Grabbing a bin bag from the small kitchenette I cleaned up the room and left the bag to get later when I come down to clean more thoroughly. 

I went up the stairs hearing my Dads were up also. "I just had a word and told them all if they upset her at all then I'll be building a new patio with 5 bodies underneath" I heard Derek claim.  Who was he talking about? 

As I reached the top Derek was sat at the island with coffee and some paperwork.  Gerry was making smoothies and dancing around the kitchen. 

"Who's bodies are you claiming to bury now?" I asked.  Both dads looked to me as I entered.  Gerry dashed over kissing my forehead "morning princess". 

"Never you mind.  How are you feeling?" Derek asked.

"I'm alright.  Over the shock and moving past the drama" I placed my phone face down not wanting to read messages yet.   Grabbing a mug, filling it with coffee and eased in next to Derek.  

He placed a kiss to the side of my head as Gerry pushed a smoothie to me.  "Ok ok just let me drink my caffeine first" I grumbled.  

"What are your plans today?" Derek asked. 

"I'm not sure I do need to catch up with Marc he wanted to speak to me about my coffee shop" I explained.

"Why is that" Derek asked he had placed down his paperwork and was looking at me.

"Not sure.   He works at the cafe in Jay's gym and I'd been explaining I couldn't find a good supplier and he seemed keen to discuss that.  I'm hoping he has an idea about a supplier or even a manager" Derek nodded at my explanation. 

Sipping on my smoothie Gerry placed a small plate with bacon and eggs.  "Get something in your stomach princess.  Jacob and I were thinking of heading to town.  He needs new footy boots and I need a few things if anyone wants to join us" Gerry explained. 

"I'm not up for a shopping experience I explained.  I think I'll clean downstairs have a shower and then decide.  I might even go to the studio and set up one of the classrooms.   I have a hen party booked for next Friday for a life art painting class" I said becoming more interested in my food.

"I may pop in on Friday for a look see" Gerry said and as I lifted my head he winked at me. 

It was a package deal that had included  buffet, drinks, some painting and then shots before a limo took them into town.  It was my first one and I was nervous as I wanted the girls to have a good time but hoped they didn't think it was a Magic Mike show.

Derek had slapped Gerry on the arm after his comment but smiled as Gerry laughed and went back to cleaning up.  "I need to go to HQ, Phil wants to introduce me to a couple of academy trainees that are having issues.  I think he is hoping I might mentor them" Derek explained.

"Ok well I'm going back downstairs to clean and then I'll shower and decided what I'm doing. I'll let you know" I said to no one in particular. 

Picking up my phone I headed back downstairs and took a look at my messages. 

Marc: let me know when your free.  Want to speak about the coffee shop ASAP xx

Raven: is little лиса ok?