Chapter 50

I woke shivering, the pain had increased and although it was nightfall I couldn't move.  I was sweating also and I moved to look at my side, the home made bandage was soaked with blood and a small pool had build underneath me. 

I looked around, the hanger had a couple of lights outside and the plane was lit up.   I could see a few men moving between the plane and the hanger. 

I tried to sit up but the pain shot through my side.  There was no way I could make my way silently over a couple of fields.   And even if I made the woods it's likely I would die of exposure. 

I stayed silent for now watching the movement around the hanger.   They closed up the plane and waved.  The plane manoeuvred around the hanger and out of sight.   I could hear the engines and eventually saw it ascend into the sky. 

A couple of blacked out SUVs pulled up to the hanger and five men got in as they pulled away.    It became silent.   Now may be my chance to find a vehicle or a phone. 

I rolled over with my feet hanging over the edge.  The movement rotated my stomach forcing up sensations of queasiness.   

I slowly managed to push my body until my lower half was hanging.   As I pushed until my side was adjacent with the edge I nearly screamed with the blast of pain.  

I stayed still taking in a few long breaths in and out before lowering to the floor.  I leant against the container and moved slowly to the corner.   It was slow progress until I reached the final row of containers. 

I stayed still and heard nothing before moving away from the containers and to the shadow of the hanger.   At the corner I focussed my attention to every corner making sure there was no one around. 

As I reached the door of the hanger I moved the door inwards.    Looking through the crack I noticed to the left corner, crates packed nearly as high as the ceiling. 

Two cars were parked in the centre and an office to the right but otherwise empty.   I moved into the space and closed the door behind me silently. 

I moved to the office and crept inside.   There was no landline so I moved to search the desk.   There was nothing of importance except a couple of mobile phones.  I tried one which was dead but the other one lit up. 

It had a screensaver of a young woman and my stomach rolled at the thought of wondering where she was.   I found no keys and moved to the vehicles.   Checking the first one the keys had been left on the ignition.  I felt a surge of hope and went back to the hanger doors. 

Peeking out the doorway I noticed no movement and went to the crank to open the larger doorway.   Once it was open I went back to the car started it and pulled out. 

I found a dirt road and drove onto it keeping my headlights off for now.  I was fighting my vision again and knew I needed to at least get as far as I could before possibly hiding again. 

I took out the mobile phone and dialled Corey.

"Pria Pria for fucks sake is that you?"  he shouted. 

"Yes Corey listen.   Trace this phone I've no idea where I am and I've been shot.   I'm struggling to keep awake.   I'm in a car and once I can't stay awake I'll hide the car but I'll keep the phone on but it's only got 33% battery" I sighed.  

"I'm putting a lock on it now.  Stay on the phone with me" he asked.  

"Ok I'm putting it on speaker now" I placed it in my lap and found the dirt road turning left.   I realised that the dirt road stopped and there was a road ahead.  "Corey I've driven through a forest on a dirt road but I've just made a highway.  I'm turning on my headlights and turning right" I explained.

"I've got a lock on you Pria turn left babes" he said.  I followed his instructions switching on the headlights.   "If we go about three miles there is an academy team safe house.  We have Brandon and Marc 30 minutes out and Axel and Raven about an hour out.   There is a garage there to park the car ok?" he said and I could hear the panic in his voice. 

"Yes, keep talking to me Corey keep me awake" I asked.  

"Darling I'd do anything for you.   You just know we only left at the hospital to make sure we were all on the same understanding.   That Kaylie was our past and you were our future.  In such a short time you have made a place in our hearts.   We're not loosing you now" he almost shouted at me. 

I shivered at his words.  "I don't won't to loose any of you either sunshine" I said.

Corey went on to tell me a couple of stories about some of the jobs they had done.   It hurt to giggle but he was successfully distracting me. 

"Right sweetheart the turn is coming up, can you see it?" he asked.

I squinted my eyes struggling to focus.  "No Corey" I said my voice laced with panic. 

"Slow a bit love it's on the left" he instructed.

I saw the turn and slowed pulling the car to the left.  As I followed the dirt roar I could see a cabin ahead with a garage to the right.

"I see a cabin Corey" I said. 

"Hang on Pria it looks primitive but it's got some high tech.  I'll open the garage wait" he said.

I stopped the car and watched as the garage door opened.  I pulled the car inside.

"Right Pria take your phone I'll close up the garage and there's also a signal blocker in case there is a tracker on the car" I sighed in relief picked up the phone and opened the car.  I slid out and cried out at the pain as I moved.

"Pria Pria are you ok?" I heard Corey shout. 

"Yeah" I whispered.

"Right go towards the cabin I'll unlock the door" Corey instructed.

I walked to the cabin as the door opened.   It made me smile a little it felt a little like magic.  I walked into the cabin as the door closed behind me, hearing a lock click into place.

"There is water in the fridge Pria try and eat something.  In the cupboard next to the sink is some first aid and medication.  Can you manage some tablets" he asked.

Moving to the fridge I pulled out a bottle of water and a packet of ham.   I sipped some water closing the fridge.  I found the first aid box and grabbed some pain killers.   After taking the pain killers I managed to hold onto the first aid kit ham and water. 

"The bedroom is first door on the right.  I can see you now and I'll be keeping an eye on you" I could hear the worry in his voice. 

I sat on the bed and opened the ham.   Eating it felt like the most expensive meal ever.  It was delicious.  I sipped another couple of mouthfuls of water and placed the bottle on the bedside cabinet.

I tried to pull on my shit but the pain shot through me.  "Corey I can't manage my wound" I said as the tears started. 

"Rest Pria Brandon and Marc will be with you soon.  Their first priority will be your wound.  They have alerted an Academy doctor who is meeting them there" he said.

"I love you all" I said as I collapsed onto the bed.