Chapter 13

I woke to the bright light of the morning and felt the heat surrounding me from behind.   I smiled remembering our night.  After three times we had faded into sleep and I'm sure I said 'I love you' before sleep took me.

I could feel a slight ache below but it really was a nice ache.  I moved Brandon's arm needing to use the toilet.   Once in the bathroom I decided to run a bath.  

After brushing my teeth I got into the bath and sighed closing my eyes.   I felt a slight nudge to my arm and as I opened my eyes  and I saw a naked Brandon standing over me.

"Move over love there is room for six of us in that bath" he winked.  I moved forward as Brandon got in behind me with his legs either side.  He pulled me back as I leaned against his chest.  "Now this is nice" he said sliding his arms around my waist. 

We stayed there until the water was cold.  I said I just needed to wash my hair so he said he would go down and start breakfast.  After part drying my hair I put it in a messy bun and put on some yoga pants and a sloppy t shirt. 

Going into the kitchen I could see bacon on the go as Brandon was making scramble eggs.  "Could you just toast some bagels and grab some juice I'm nearly ready" he said.

We moved as if we had been preparing breakfasts like this for a long time.  It was so natural and comfortable I couldn't be happier.  After my past I never thought intimacy would become so easy.  I never once flinched or got lost in my head. 

I would need to tell Brandon about my past soon.   We sat at the island and ate together with conversation easy in between touching each other.   It was simple and amazing all at the same time. 

After cleaning up Brandon needed to leave.  He kept apologising but said he had an appointment and then may not be free all weekend.  He must have kissed me 5 time's in the doorway before I pushed him to go reassuring him I was ok. 

When he left though I realised I was a little disappointed I wouldn't see him all weekend.   I shook off my melancholy and went upstairs to change my bed.  I checked the laundry and managed a couple of loads in between some housework. 

At about 11am I decided to check my emails.   There was the paperwork from Pierre and I replied with a thank you for all his time yesterday.  I printed off all the necessary paperwork and placed it on Derek's desk for him to peruse later. 

I noticed another email from Mr Stuart.  Good god. 

Dear Pria,

It was lovely to see you the other day.  Pierre was very impressed.   He has an opening for a new artist next week and wondered whether you would like to be my plus one.

Of course this would be as friends but you never know what people you may meet at these events. 

I've included my mobile number as I'm not on my emails as often since classes have finished. 

Drop me a text. 

Paul x

I sighed.   He had a point but I may just shelf this for now.   Especially until I speak with my Dads.  I closed my laptop and took it back up to my room.   I changed my bed and swapped over the last load into the dryer.  I felt my phone vibrate.

Brandon: last night was spectacular.  I just had a meeting with a new supplier and struggled to concentrate.  I've a job over the weekend not sure how long it's going to take so please don't panic if I can't reply.   Missing you already xx

Pria:   Last night is still replaying in my head lol.   Don't worry I've a busy weekend so I'll try not to miss you too much xx

Brandon:   I will be missing you lots.  Speak soon xx

Pria: take care xx

I put away my phone hearing the front door.   My dads and Jacob appeared looking tired.  

"Hello princess" Gerry said.

"You all look tired.   Why don't you all leave your dirty washing in the laundry and go jump in the shower I'll make you some food" I said.

"Your an angel" Derek said kissing my forehead before disappearing. 

Checking the fridge I decided to make some BLT sandwiches and some fries.   Switching on the oven I placed in some fries and got on with the sandwiches.   Once done I prepared the coffee machine switching it on.

Once I sorted all the clothes in the laundry and starting a load I heard the timer on the oven.   After laying the table I grabbed the large plate of sandwiches, a bowl of the fries, some apple juice and some brownies they had forgotten to take to camp. 

Entering the kitchen I poured a couple of coffees for Derek and I as they all appeared.  "Food is ready come on".  I led them back into the dining room and listened to the tales from camp.

Jacob helped me to clean up as Gerry went up for a nap.  As we finished Jacob went to his room and Derek called me to his office. 

The gallery paperwork looked legit and I showed the email from Mr Stuart to Derek.  "I think you ask the date and then say your busy" Derek advised.

"I agree.   I'm gonna try and keep him at arms length but I'm also going to avoid any one on one time with him" I said.

"I wanted to speak to you also.  Your meeting with the Academy is Tuesday at 1pm.  Afterwards I've also got a meeting with Lily to discuss some counselling.  Are you ok with that!" Derek asked. 

"Yes that's fine.  I've also decided to discuss my past with Brandon soon.   I think I told him last night I loved him but we haven't discussed it" I said.

"What do you mean you think you told him ?" Derek asked.

"Well erm it was as I fell asleep and I was too unsure to bring it up this morning" I sort of mumbled.  As I lowered my gaze.

"As long as your safe I won't be making a comment.  I think when you feel the time is right talk to him" Derek said.  I looked up to see him with no particular expression.  He smiled as I met his eyes and knew he was fine with everything. 

"Onto other things I've spoken to my architect contact and he wants to meet us at the property on Saturday.  Is that ok?" He said.

"Yes that would be great.  I'm free all weekend other than I may pop to the gym" I said excitedly. 

"Great I'll arrange it and let you know what time.  The owner is holding the property for us, I've also asked for a building inspection" Derek advises.

"Ok thanks Dad.   I'm gonna go for a run and I think I may pop back to my rooms at college on Sunday and collect my final things.  Can I take the Range Rover?" I asked.

"Yes of course.  I was wondering whether we should get you one of your own" Derek said.

"I'm not getting rid of my baby" I exclaimed.

"No just for use in these type of circumstance when you need a bigger car and in the bad weather" he said.

"I'll think about it" I said.  I left Derek to do some work changed into my sports bra and threw on a jacket.    I decided a run on the beach was in store due to the nice weather.   It was only a 10 minute drive.

The beach was quiet.   It wasn't a pretty beach it was lined with a lot of rocks.  Teenagers hung out at night in the area and on really hot days at the weekend families might venture the obstacle of the rocks. 

Today there was only a few people.  A couple walking a dog and another man with his metal detector.   I left my jacket in the car, placed in my ear buds and set off.   Running the whole beach took 40 minutes one way.

On my return back along the beach I noticed someone in a hoody taking pictures.  This wasn't unusual but as I got closer they put away their equipment and moved towards the car park. 

As I reached the rocks the hoody cameraman got to their car.  A car that looked the same as Mr Stuart's.  I pulled out my ear buds and watched as they jumped in their car and drove off.  

I suddenly felt very much aware.   The hair on my neck stood on end and I felt a little queasy.   I tiptoed over the rocks and made my way back to my car and headed home.