Chapter 10

The week went as normal with me fitting into the family routine once again.   I completed my last business exam and received the paperwork for my business degree and we had a BBQ to celebrate much to Jacobs delight. 

I arranged a visit with Mr Stuart and Mr Conrall for Friday next week at his gallery.   Training with Raven has been excellent and Jay is struggling to win our sessions now.   Even Marc has joined us a few times and he is funny and sweet although Raven acts pouty when he is around.

I haven't managed to have a proper chat with Derek and Gerry yet as work commitments have interfered. 

Thing have been quiet with Brandon I realised he warned me but it was harder than I thought.   He had said he would be back Thursday but I was trying to be patient.  I kept myself busy.   It was now Friday morning and Gerry was finishing early for us to have a meeting with Derek.

I still haven't heard off Brandon but I'm sure he will be in touch as soon as he can.  The house was quiet and I was lying in bed for a change.

Deciding to move before I got lost in thought I stripped my bed and took them down to the laundry.   After sorting some washing out I ran a bath and relaxed listening to some 'Adele'. 

Whilst I was almost comatose I heard my phone.  Now do I lie here in bubble heaven or do I check my phone.  The next thing I'm running across my room naked and wet to grab my phone.   Self restraint is non existent.

Brandon: Sorry for radio silence beautiful.   I'm home and need a couple of hours sleep.  What have you arranged for later Senna? xx

Pria:   Good to hear from you.  I'm busy with a meeting but should be done by 3pm.  Are you able to be free for 3pm for our 2nd date? xx

Brandon:  I sure can I cannot wait I have missed you lots xxx

Pria: missed you too.  Wear casual but smart please DB xx

Brandon: as requested m'lady xx

Now I was dancing around my bedroom naked and luckily it dried me off also.  I put my hair in plaits so i could leave it loose later.  Checking the time it was 10.13am.  I decided to put a casserole in the slow cooker for the family later.  

I headed into the kitchen and when I checked the fridge I noticed I had ingredients for cheesecake also.   As I set up I put on some Evanescence to keep me company. 

The lamb casserole was in the slow cooker and the cheesecake was in the fridge just as Gerry and Derek came home.  "Princess we have tacos, salad and fruit tarts for lunch I hope you haven't cooked although it smells like you have" Gerry entered the kitchen with a number of bags. 

"I've prepped your dinner in the slow cooker and there is a vanilla cheesecake in the fridge setting.  You'll just need to put on some topping, there is some smashed nut brittle and a toffee sauce in a jug next to the cheesecake" I explained.  

Derek walked in and enveloped me in a hug kissing my head.  "Thanks hunny" It was one of Dereks favourite dessert so I knew he would be pleased.

"Good god don't ever leave home princess you spoil us" Gerry said.

"Let's eat and talk I just need to change quickly" Derek said as he made his way upstairs.  Gerry and I laid the table and put out some apple juice and water.  I put the coffee pot on knowing Derek and I would want some after eating.

As we sat Derek came back and had changed to joggers and t shirt.  He was quicker than expected.  "Eat" Gerry said.  I smiled at his silliness. 

As we ate we caught up on each other's day and plans for the weekend.   I confirmed I would be heading out about 2.30pm and hadn't arranged anything solid for the weekend yet.