Chapter 32

As we filled up the dishwasher in the kitchen we all took a drink back into the coffee shop.  Raven had done a sweep of the area, Corey had done a technical inspection and Marc had locked down the studio.

Axel once again put the disarming box onto the table before we began. "Corey and Marc report" Axel instructed.

"We reviewed the surveillance of Mr Stuart, they had followed Stuart and had found his normal routine was the college, gym and home.  Cameras were installed and we can confirm he wasn't the one to send the packages.  He rang into work on the 23rd sick and the team were at dinner at 8.46pm when they were alerted by an alarm for the cameras.   When they checked, all surveillance had been switched off and when they got to his apartment it was empty.   This was the night before you received the first package" Marc explained. 

"I'm still trying to follow a link for the hacker that broke into the system but they are good.  I haven't cracked it yet but I will" Corey explained.

"Stuart and the surveillance team have been MIA for 1 week.  We haven't discovered his phone but Corey has his laptop to look at tonight for any clues.  We have reinstated surveillance at his apartment with Corey's firewalls so they are more secure" Marc advised.

"I can contact Pierre to see when he last heard from Mr Stuart" I advised. 

"Yes that may help.  What we understand though is Stuart is missing  and he isn't behind the packages.  We will check with Phil on your Dad's previous missions for any clues" Axel informed us. 

"I also have access to the cameras at the college to go through to see if he has had any unfamiliar visitors.  Pria can you check through some of the faces to rule them out" Corey asked.  I nodded and smiled to him. 

"Ok well Brandon and I found that Beast has been seen around.  He has been trying to contact Jizz.  Jizz is a weapons and technology wizard.  He isn't affiliated with any MC, he tends to work freelance but won't be involved with anything to do with kids.  He is good at hiding and I have no doubt he has the ability to break most security measures although Corey is better.  We have our feelers out for him.  Jackson's team are working on a ring that are targeting kids.  We have put out a ruse requesting his help, that may flush him out. We also have a tail on Sherry who is Beasts old lady who is staying at a motel in the next state over" Axel advised. 

"Do we know any information on the lead my Dads were following" I asked.

"It was just a location no clues from it.  Phil is due here he wanted to check on progress and you" Axel explained. He stood and switched off the disarming box.  His phone immediately started to ring.

"Yes we are here, we'll open the gate now" Axel nodded as Corey opened the front gate.  "Park at the door I'll meet you there now" Axel switched of his phone.  "Phil has been waiting for a while, trying to contact us but we had the disarming box activated" Axel said. 

He left to greet Phil as I watched Corey clicking on his laptop, I presume to unlock the gates.  As both men came back in Raven grabbed a chair as Marc passed Phil a coffee and the disarming box again was switched on.

"Gentlemen" Phil nodded to each man.  "Pria I'm sorry we will do everything to find your Dads.  What they had discovered is linked to a previous case and I didn't want to discuss this other than face to face.  A couple of years ago they were looking into a human trafficking ring.  The boss a Mr Vladimir Koskovnny had a fascination with one of the girls kidnapped and instead of shipping her with the rest of the women he kept her for himself.   He was brutal with her but she managed to escape with the help of your Dad's.  With the information she gave it helped bring the ring down and key players were arrested.  Vlad escaped and he would send her packages very similar to ones you have received.  He taunted her before he decided he would reclaim his property.  We tried to rescue her but when we finally tracked her, her injuries were too severe.   We caught Vlad but Lisa died before we got her to the hospital" Phil wiped his face. 

"What happened to Vlad" Brandon asked. 

"He is serving life in Mount Acre penitentiary.  It is Academy run and he has no chance of parole.  The packages concerned your Dads and they booked a visit to Vlad.  I'm sorry Pria they never arrived.   Their vehicle log stopped 5 miles outside of the area and we have discovered it in the early hours empty.   All your Dads personal items including phones laptops are also in the car.  They however have disappeared.  They wanted it kept quiet hence when you checked the Academy details their lead led you to a location" he explained. 

I felt the burn of tears threatening to fall.  I fought with all of my senses to hold them back.  I would not break down my Dads need me.  "So someone is working with or for Vlad?" I whispered. 

"That's what we and probably your Dad's think.  However there is another clue.  Near to your Dads vehicle we found motorbike tracks and a van.  We have requested logs of Vlad's visitors but we are aware that members of the old Gold Devil Mc are at the same penitentiary" Phil explained.

I felt a warm hand hold mine and I turned to look at Brandon.  "They are bad news aren't they?" I asked him.   As he nodded I couldn't stop the tears now.  "Their President is Slice's cousin"

"I think we need those visitor logs ASAP.  We need to isolate any Gold Devil members and check on their visitors also.  Can you organise with the penitentiary for access to their cameras.  Myself and Raven can visit Vlad" Axel stated.

I took the biggest breath.  "I know you won't like this but I think you'll find Vlad may open up to me more" there was a mixture of shouts and curses. 

"Guys.  He is surrounded by strong and intimidating men he is used to that vibe.  The packages are significant to him and me.  We may not like this but if we need answers we need to play his game if just for now" I stated.

"It may be worth considering gentlemen but I will let you discuss.   I've had notice they've recovered the surveillance team so I must dash" he said.

We had two teams on standby and the Academy on alert for anything we may need. 

It was now 4pm and it looked like we had a night ahead to plan our next move.  Possibly argue about me facing Vlad.  We said our goodbyes to Phil, it was agreed I would go and stay at the guys place. 

Their security was phenomenal and had other academy members living in the same block.  Marc text a friend to buy some clothes and toiletries for me. Raven and Corey locked the studio and went for take out as I was too tired to cook.  Axel, Brandon, Marc and I made our way to their home.