Chapter 23

I slept for three hours before getting up, showering and  putting on a green jumpsuit.   I took my mustang to town and picked up some breakfast wraps before heading to the studio. 

Marc was in the coffee shop and had hung fairy lights on a netting on the ceiling.  They weren't lit but I imagined later they would look amazing.

"Hey Marc" I said as he appeared from the kitchen. 

"I smell food" he smiled waggling his eyebrows.

"A late breakfast for me, I wasn't sure if you were hungry but I got you one anyway" I explained taking a seat at a table. 

"Always thinking of others.  I have a surprise for you" he said as he went over to the coffee machine and started preparing something.

"Have you decided on an opening date?" I asked as I placed the wraps on the table. 

"Yeah we have everything set up for the 22nd I was going to mention some advertising and wondered if I can see who you used" he had prepared two cups and came to the table.  "This 'm'lady is a smooth caramel twist.  I've been playing around with some coffees for our date nights" he slid a tall coffee with a cream top sprinkled with something.

I pulled it towards me as Marc went for some plates.    As he removed the wraps and placed the plate in front of me I took a sip. 

I moaned at the fast.  "Good god man that's delicious.  Is there alcohol in it?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes a small amount of sambuca and the coffee is laced with caramel with a vanilla cream sprinkled with toasted caramel candy.  I've been looking at adult coffees for date nights.   It will be a completely different menu, Molly is playing with some tray bake cakes also.  We thought about finger sandwiches and cakes that they can feed each other by candlelight" he explained.

"Well it's delicious and it sounds a great idea.   We'll go up to my office later and I can show you what advertising I did with Bill.   He has good prices" I said picking up my wrap. 

I moaned again at the taste and how hungry I was.  "Stop teasing me with your moans sunshine" I looked up to Marc and saw the lust in his eyes.   Whoops that went from friendship to interest in seconds. 

"Sorry I forgot how nice these wraps were and I am starving" I tried to explain.  He chuckled shaking his head before enjoying his own wrap.  

As I enjoyed my Caramel Temptation Marc went through what he had been up to.   The coffee shop was all ready and he was sorry he had been so busy.   I was a little confused at that last statement. 

We cleaned up and went to my office and I gave him the contact details for Bill and all my costings.  He went back downstairs to give him a call.

I noticed a parcel on my desk, it was a long cardboard box.   I hadn't ordered anything but pulled the scissors from my draw to open it.  As I broke the sellotape and opened the lid there was a bunch of red roses inside.   I pulled out the card inside to read. 

We will be together soon and I will show you how a real man treats his woman.   Be patient I have a few things to sort too but you are my future ❤️

I dropped the card as my pulse increased and my hands started to sweat.   My first thought was this was Mr Stuart but then he had always been more subtle.  

I picked up my phone and dialled Derek he didn't answer so I left a message to call me.  I sat there frozen looking at the box, something told me that I should be worried.  Slice didn't know my true identity and it was too quick for him to have found out. 

Chasing my DreamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara