Chapter 43

The statement reverberated through my mind and it felt like eternity until my reality shot back into focus. I seemed to have lost anything anyone had said and Axel had placed his hand on my arm.

"Sorry" I explained and searched for Jacob. As I looked at him he moved towards me. I took his hand as he sat by me. Axel sat my other side, Raven, Corey and Marc were opposite and Brandon the other side of Jacob.

The doctor looked sympathetic and had kind eyes he stood patiently waiting for me to be ready.

"Gerry came out of surgery about an hour ago. All went well and we have been monitoring his vitals to try and establish further news for you. We will have to wait for him to wake before we can fully assess his condition. We want to give him another hour of rest before we let you visit. Have some food and we shall let you know when you can see him" he nodded at me.  "Do you want me to speak to Derek for you or would you prefer to speak with him?" he asked.

"I think it would be best if I spoke to him initially but could you please speak to him afterwards" I asked.

"Of course" he said before leaving the room.

"That's good news Senna" I heard Brandon. I nodded.

I felt a squeeze to my hand and looked at Jacob. "Do you really think Daddy G will let something as little as this stop him" he smiled and I saw the hope in his eyes.

"Of course champ. They are both fighters. Let's get some food. Do you want to pop home for a shower? I won't visit Daddy G without you" I asked.

"I can take you and we can get breakfast on the way back" Brandon offered. I knew him and Jacob had got close.

"Yeah that would be fine" I knew he wanted to stay but I also knew even a small break would do him good and I needed to speak to Derek.

I stood as he hugged me "if anything happens I will shout Jacob ok" he squeezed me and my heart tripped knowing I couldn't stop this pain for him.

He went and started getting his trainers on. Brandon walked to me taking the same position although I melted into him.

"Senna anything you need ask but know that we all are here for you both. Your family" I looked up to him and knew my heart was in danger again and not just by him. I leant up and kissed him. It was light and cosy and felt so right.

He smiled his eyes twinkling and then he and Jacob were gone.

"I need to speak with Derek and explain" I said rubbing my head dreading this conversation.

"I'll come with love. Marc can you sort some decent coffee again. Raven and Corey pop home check up on any updates, shower and come back ok" everyone nodded and I collected a few more hugs and kisses before Axel and I made our way to Derek.

It was now 7.20am and as we reached Derek room I could hear his raised voice.   I opened the door to see him fighting against the nurse.

"Dad!" I shouted.  I realised he was upset but I wouldn't allow this behaviour.   "What are you doing this poor women is trying to do her job and your just making it worse" he turned his angry gaze towards me before his expression softened slightly. 

"I'm just trying to find out about Gez" he turned towards me. 

"Nurse could you please give us a moment" I asked her politely.  She smiled and made her way out.

"Is he dead?" I heard the fear and torment in his voice.

"No!!!!" I said taking a seat by his bed as Axel pulled a seat on the other side. 

He fell back on his pillow and exhaled a huge breath in relief.  Before Axel sat he helped my Dad to sit up and took his own seat.

I took my Dad's hand as I explained Gerry's condition.  His face warped between emotions as he struggled with the information.

"So we have to wait for him to wake?" he whispered.

"Yes.  Jacob has gone for a shower and will pick up some breakfast for us.   Once we've eaten he'll be to see you and I think he will want to stay in your room with you" I stated.

"How are you both coping" he asked as he reverted back to Dad mode.

"He's being surprisingly strong.  He has got close with Brandon and he hasn't left his side.  But I haven't seen him embrace his emotions yet.   You may be the catalyst to that.  I'm not sure" I said slumping a little in my chair.

He squeezed my hand.  "And you sweetheart" he looked at me and I saw his strength shining back at me.

"I'm ok, we've had plenty of support.  It's just so good to speak with you I just need Daddy G now" I saw him open his eyes as the tears started.  He knew I didn't call them that much anymore.   It was always a more child like endearment.  

He held me as I cried and I knew nothing quite compared to a Daddy hug. 

"I shall go and find the doctor and see if he can come and answer anymore questions you have.  Gerry was being moved to the room opposite to be close" I heard Axel moved and the door opening and closing.

I sat back up unravelling from my dad. "You do realise that Daddy G will be fighting tooth and nail to get back to us" I said.

"I know. I'll speak to Jacob when he is back and I'm going to enquire if I can be moved to the same room. I need to be close to him" he looked so tired and so torn he must be trying so hard to fight his pain for me.

"I'm going to eat and then I'm going to sit with Daddy G" I explained. I wiped my eyes and I felt a little easier knowing that Derek was fully aware.

"What's going on with these men Pria? Are you back with Brandon?" there was a slight demand to his voice.

"I have feelings for them and I haven't put a label on anything. They have been so much help to both myself and Jacob they all deserve for me to be open minded and honest about how I feel with myself and them" I looked at my Dad.

"Ok I hear you. I will have my say though. There are a few teams within the academy that are In polyamorous relationships. I respect that it is more acceptable these days but you will still face some prejudices. Saying that if they treat you like our princess should there won't be an issue" I hugged myself to him again.

I heard the door open. "Mr Johnson your looking well" I stood from my chair as the doctor moved around the bed.

"I'll let you talk Dad. Once Jacob has eaten he'll come to see you" Derek squeezed my hand as I turned to see Axel who laced his fingers with mine and took me back to our room.