Don't hide it

Lyra woke up, she walked up to her window, the sunset beaming through her blinds. She exhaled, she walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

Her grandmother was there cooking breakfast. "How'd you sleep?" She asked, Lyra sat down. "Fine. I had slightly trouble sleeping at first though." Lyra said lowering her head.

"The nightmares returned?" Her grandma asked putting her plate down. Lyra nods unsure, "I can't remember. I don't know what I dreamed." Lyra says looking up at her nana.

"Don't stress about it, nothing will hurt you if you dream." Her grandmother says with a reassuring smile. Lyra smiled, "I know." She says.

The two ate, Grandam Alexandria went to her room to dress up. She was going to visit her son and her daughter-in-las and her grandchildren.

She said a goodbye and hugged Lyra. Lyra stood at the door, watching as her grandma left. She was going to be away for a while.

Lyra sighed, not knowing what to do. She decided to go and visit someone. She went up stairs and dressed into something nice.

 She went up stairs and dressed into something nice

She walked out and locked the door. She flew all the way to a mountain that was miles away from where she lived.

After a while she lands on top of the mountain. She hugged, she heard a soft chuckle from above her. She looked up.

"Dear, why didn't you just teleport?" Gaia asked in a sweet melodic voice. "I haven't mastered at it yet. It takes nearly all my energy." Lyra responds.

Gaia our her hand down near the mountain. Lyra stood up and walked up to the hand. She tried not loosing her balance as Gaia brought her closer.

"Is something troubling you? I wouldn't want my only friend to feel sad." Gaia said, Lyra sighed.

"I had a vision, one that seemed too real to concern me." I say as I grabbed onto her index finger. "I can't access your memories, I can only care for the world. Not the people, nor angels." She says with a sad look.

"It's alright. I'm sure it's nothing." Lyra says trying to sound positive. Gaia smiles, "You're scared." Gaia points out.

By now Lyra was back in her street. She found herself at a park, she made a blanket appear and she laid on it.

She laid there thinking.

"I'm not scared." Lyra says a bit offended. "You are. I can feel it. What scares you?" Gaia asked.

"Nothing, now I'll be going now!" Lyra let go of Gaia's finger and flew away.

"Anais?" Lyra opened her eyes, her face inches away from Jack's. She slapped him because he scared her.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry Jack!" She says as she sat up. "It's fine. You didn't even slap me hard." Jack said.

Lyra sighed, she sat with her shins on the ground. She rest her hands on her thighs, she gestured Jack to sit on the blanket, it was a large blanket, large to fit two people to lay on.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, he had a semi sour face. But he was like that at times.

"Thinking." Lyra says, "Shouldn't you be at work? Or at class?" Jack asked, Lyra shook her head. "I don't have a class right now, it's Saturday. And I do have work soon." Lyra responded.

Jack hummed, "Jack, are you messing with my mind? You look like the type to trick others." Lyra said, Jack laughed.

"I may trick others but I could never trick you!" He says still laughing. "Why is that?" Lyra asked confused.

"I have no clue as to what you mean by tricking, be more specific." Jack says laying down. "I have these illusions..." Lyra says turning to look down at him.

"What kind?" He asked, he closed his eyes. "It's me and...me. But...a demon form of me." Lyra says, Jack opens his eyes.

He grabbed her wrist gently, "Show me."

The two ended up in an abyss of pure darkness. "Why is he here?" Lyra looked up to see the other version of herself.

Jack started laughing, "So you too are cursed!" He says snickering. Lyra looked at him confused, while the other version of her had a blank face.

"W-what are you talking about?" Lyra asked confused. She was on the ground still. "He means that you are trapped with an evil you. Like he is, he's been that way for years now." She walked up to him and touched his chest.

Another version of Jack fell to the ground, but didn't seem evil. "This is normal Jack. The innocent jack who was neglected as a child." Other Lyra says.

Lyra got up and ran to his unconscious body. "It's nearly to late, you can't save him." Jack said, Lyra assumes it was the evil one.

The one she thought was normal.

"This will happen to you if you keep me in. Let me go and you'll be free. Don't be ignorant and stupid like him." Jack says kicking the other Jack that was on the ground.

Lyra glared at him and back at the unconscious Jack. "I-Is he alive?" She asked, the other Lyra nods.

"He's fine, he has no control over his own body though. You two were cursed since birth." Other Lyra says.

"You both had issues, you had mommy issues while he had daddy issues. You both died a gruesome death. Except he got to love for a while." The Jack who was malicious said.

Lyra looked up at him, "You controlled him for years? When did it start?" She asked, tears forming in her eyes.

"Once he got rid of what bothered him most. His twin brother." Lyra's eyes widened. "T-then how are you in heaven?!" She stood up looking up at him.

"They thought they could save him, they still do think that. They thought maybe therapy would help but of course it's not." The other Jack raises his voice slightly.

"So I will become a murderer?" Lyra asked, she needed to know. "Who knows? You will break soon, I can help you with that?" Jack said as he smirked.

Lyra backed away, she turned her head to see if the other her was there. But alas, it was only her and the demon Jack.

The normal one was gone too. "Stay back!" She yelped, "I can help you be free. Let it out, don't hide it anymore." Somehow Lyra was backed up and was stopped by something.

Once she opened her eyes she was back in the park. She was backed up on a tree, Jack was still in front of her. His arms outstretched, touching the tree.

Lyra pushed him off and ran. She ran away, she couldn't be there any longer.