Guilt

Lyra's pov

I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't. The old kind woman who found me, saved me, and made sure to watch over me was dead.

All because of me.

I called her family, what was left at least... They were happy that Ms.Veer, their mother, had a friend at last. She was a lonely old woman who walked around the streets of New Orleans.

Wondering what to do, where to go.

They decided to cremate her, Ma.Veer had always talked about how she hated the idea of being buried.

"Once my babies leave too, who will stay to remember me?" She had asked as she told me her thoughts about the dead.

She told me many things, really. She saw so much potential in me. Saw my pain and the baggage I carried with me over the years.

She knew me better than anyone else, even me.

I stood there in a black suit with a white button up shirt.

I could hear the soft sobs from around me. The remaining family around me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and slowly turned to see Beatrice Parker, the oldest.

"Thank you for calling us and helping arrange all this. Momma talked about you, she said you were an amazing woman." I looked back down.

I had my hair into a bob cut with bangs. My hair still very much a platinum blonde.

"I know you're blaming yourself right now, and you really shouldn't. Trust me." Beatrice says in a gentle voice.

I nod weakly, looking down at the small memorial and the picture of Ms.Veer.

"I wish I had just went inside sooner. She would've been alive." I says, my eyes bloodshot red as I met Beatrice's eyes.

"You didn't think she'd be in danger, it's not your fault. Don't fret about it." She says as she tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"She used her magic to live a little longer, I'm sure." Beatrice smiled, "You take care now, Ms.Ace." I look at her and then at the rest of the Veer family.

I nod and kneel down as some had slowly left the room. They had decided not to sell the home, the house was cleaned hours ago.

The urn sat there next to the picture. Some flowers laid there. All roses.

I touch the carpet and a beautiful blue flower with white tops that mixed well together laid there.

I told Mz.Veer that I had a special flower, it was apart of me. A flower that won't die out, never.

She had always wondered what it would look like, I'm sure I'll give her one again when I see her up there, or maybe she'll pick it up.

I smile weakly as a tear rolled down my cheek. I flinched when I felt the soft fur of the black cat. I pet Honey's head and smile. "Come on Honey, I'll get you to her soon." I say to the as I pick her up.

I left the house, making sure to lock it. I put the keys on top of the soil of a small plant, I close my eyes and held my hand out, the keys slowly sinking in.

I opened my eyes and concentrated on the house, making sure to put it under a spell, almost, to keep it safe.

With Honey in my arms, I walked out into the street. Walking back to my apartment, "Ready to see the dead?" I ask the black cat as I gently placed her down on the carpet.

Honey meows, I smile as I pet her gently. I glance around the room, knowing we are not alone. "Go on without me Honey. Go through that one." I say pointing at the white portal.

The cat goes in and I immediately close it. "I know you're out there," I say as I stood up, I could feel DL notice something was wrong too, "so are we going to make a deal or no?"

I immediately turn around to jump down and kick the tall mans legs and turn my head to punch his crouch.

I Saten up quickly and grabbed another's arm and spun him around and quickly open a portal and throw him inside it.

I turn my head and grabbed the wrist of the man who was running towards me and throw him on the ground.

Before I could attack another incoming demon, I was grabbed by the arms, I turn my head to see a very bulky and tall demon, disguised as a man with brunette hair and pale skin.

His eyes were a very bright brown, red almost, every one of them had the same eye color.

I tried my best to escape from his grasp but was hit hard in the face. My vision got blurry as my body hit the floor, as I slowly drifted into unconsciousness, I saw the group coming towards me.

"Grab her." Was all I heard last.
____________________________________

"It's Lucifer, he knows!" DL says in my unpleasant sleep. "Wake you coward!" She sounded so far yet so close at the same time.

"Please! Wake up.."

I tried to listen but i just couldn't. I couldn't bloody wake up. I knew if this went on longer, I would fail to do what I had to.

But this was all part of the prophecy, right? Heaven falls either way. With or without me, it will fall.

There is no one to blame now. If there was, i think it'd be Lucifer. For doing all this, for even wanting to kidnap me until the deed was over.

This sucks. It really does.

I can't move, I can't even open my eyes. All I can hear is my own breathing.

*sigh*

I'm going to die....aren't I?