i

"madison! you got your hogwarts letter! c'mon!" ron called for the girl, who was still asleep.

"maddy," ginny whispered, shaking the sleeping girl, who mumbled in response, "you might want to go downstairs."

"too late," the twins bursted in, scaring the younger ones.

"go away," madison groaned, throwing one of her pillows.

"wow, she speaks!"

"i don't think i've heard her talk all week."

it was true. madison doesn't really talk. that way, people won't get to know her and they won't know if they like her or not. if someone doesn't know that, then boom! no friends. no letting her walls down. no more losing people.

she had spent the majority of summer so far missing her parents, staying in her room with ginny, or going on walks.

it's almost the death anniversary of her parents and the weasley's have tried their best to make her smile again.

it hasn't worked.

"leave her alone, fred and george," ginny helped, receiving a thumbs up from the darker girl.

"it's nearly two in the afternoon! she's got to get up at some point. i want to talk to someone my own age!" ron showed up.

"boys! leave her alone. everyone! we're going to diagon alley tomorrow, so madison, wake up early!" miss weasley informed the kids, and pulled the boys away to give ginny and maddy their privacy.

"im going to go eat lunch, want anything?"

maddy shook her head, and ginny frowned. she doesn't know what to do. the older girl hasn't been eating much.

so, she sighed in response and left maddy alone in her thoughts.

𓆉

"you got a turtle?" ginny exclaimed when they got home. maddy nodded in response. "what's its name?"

the older girl pulled out a piece of paper that had michelangelo written on it.

"cool! oh, mom said to have everything packed and ready to go to the train station. want some help?" ginny already knew what the answer was going to be but she still decided to give it a shot.

maddy just handed the red-head her turtle with a small smile. fake of course.

𓆉

"it's the same year after year. always packed with muggles, of course. come on. platform nine and three-quarters this way! alright, percy, you're first!"

percy proceeded to run towards the wall, and instead of crashing into it, he went through it.

"fred, you're next."

"he's not fred, i am!"

maddy rolled her eyes at the twins, knowing they were messing with their mother once more.

ginny suddenly hugged the girl, and to everyone's surprise, maddy hugged back.

"honestly woman, you call yourself your mother!"

"oh, im sorry, george."

"im only joking. i am fred," the boy smiled, running towards the wall, his twin in pursuit.

"e-excuse me! could you tell me how to...?"

maddy didn't have the patience for this and ran off, leaving the unknown boy surprised.