xxxiii

"we have somewhere where you can spend the break and stay safe," remus told the twins.

he had come right back after he had been informed that maddy and phoebe were aware of their parents being alive. harry told them they were working with voldemort, which got the two a bit scared.

"are you sure? i don't want to put the weasley's in any danger."

"i am positive, and no, phoebe, you won't put the other taylor's in any danger either. just think about it. i can drop you guys off so you can pack then we can head straight to the place i am talking about," he smiled and walked off.

"c-can i talk to you?" hermione scared the thoughtful twins. phoebe patted her sister's back and headed towards the dormitory to make sure she had all her stuff.

"what's up, buttercup?" maddy raised an eyebrow as the granger girl took a deep breath.

"cedric's death really got me thinking. you never know when you'll lose someone, so uh, first of all, i-i wanted to tell you how proud i am of you. you didn't let the fact that you're related to salazar change anything about you, which i am every grateful for because you are the best person i've ever met. you always know how to bring a smile to my face a-and-"

"hermione jean granger, i love you," maddy blurted out, not being able to keep it in anymore. hermione's nervous expression turned into one of shock.

"y-you d-do?"

"of course i bloody do. mione, you're the most beautiful girl i have ever seen, and it's not just that. you're always there for others no matter what. i admire you. hell, you changed my life for the better. i'm talking more than a couple sentences a month now! you keep me sane, like draco. you're probably the reason i'm not failing. you're the reason i don't get as mad anymore, except at pansy and ron, cause that boy can be a pain in the arse," maddy trailed off.

"i love you too," hermione interrupted, not being able to hold it in anymore either. "i love everything about you."

"so we both just interrupted each other?"

"i mean, there's nothing else we really need to say," the bright girl trailed off, taking a step closer to maddy.

without even thinking or hesitating, hermione wrapped her arms around maddy's waist, pulling her closer and connecting their lips.

once the taylor girl recovered from the shock, she tangled her hands into the other girl's hair and kissed back.

their lips molded together, as if it was meant to be.

and they were sure it was.

sadly, this perfect moment had to come to an end when they both ran out of air, so they separated their lips, tears slightly streaming down their faces.

"wicked," maddy mumbled, feeling like a weight had been dropped off her shoulders.

"madison iris taylor, you don't know how long i have been waiting to do that."

"ditto," the darker girl smiled, leaning in for another kiss.

"finally!" they heard ron groan.

"ron, they were in the middle of something!"

"yeah well, i don't bloody care," the red-head muttered, rushing to maddy's side and dragging her away.

"sorry," harry shrugged, waiting for hermione to get to his side so they could catch up to the other two.

"he says he doesn't care but he literally just begged her to tell him everything," the granger girl chuckled.

the two other schools had left, so the four were now standing on the bridge, thinking about the previous year.

"do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at hogwarts?" ron questioned.

"in your dreams," maddy snorted, getting nudged by the girl who was holding her hand.

"everything's going to change now, isn't it?"

the others stayed silent as they confirmed her thought.

"promise you'll write this summer. all of you."

"anything for you."

"gross," ron rolled his eyes.

"i have to go say bye to everyone else," maddy sighed, letting go of hermione's hand and moving from beside the concrete wall. "remus said he had a safe place for phoebe and i to spend the summer."

"so i won't see you for the next two months?" ron's softly spoke, realizing this was the first time they were going to spend more than a week away from each other ever since they first met.

"yeah, basically," maddy replied, bringing the boy into an embrace. "your hugs are getting better," she mumbled into his neck.

"see you," harry muttered after the two had let go, wrapping his own arms around her figure.

"try not to die," she joked.

                                              𓆉

"welcome to the grimmauld place," remus extended his arms, placing the girls' suitcases by the staircase.

"so we're just going to ignore how we're technically in an invisible building?"

"i knew that was the first thing you were going to say," sirius' voice was heard. "where's my hug?"

"you don't get one."

"i like her," a lady popped out. "i'm tonks."

"maddy."

"phoebe."

"oh, i know. the great taylor twins. i'll help you two set up your room."

𓆉

"so are you two together yet?" maddy nodded to remus and sirius, who went wide eyed at the question.

"more people to help us make it happen!" tonks cheered, making the rest of the order snort in amusement. "i hope you know i'm being serious."

"i'm in," maddy smirked, turning to face her sister.

"well i don't really know you guys but you haven't stopped looking at each other this whole morning, so i'm in."

"i think i found my new favorite people," tonks mumbled, receiving some shouts of annoyance from the other adults sitting at the table. "can you two just move in?"

"oh don't give them ideas," remus groaned when he noticed the twins look at each other with an unreadable expression.

"tempted," they said at the same time, going back to eating.

word count- 1000 words
date written- october 10, 2020
i didn't know how to finish this movie, and I also have no clue how to write 'i love you' scenes so this whole chapter is just a mess in my opinion. i would have wrote some random scene to make it longer but i kinda liked the idea of having exactly 1000 words so yeah : )