lxii

"merlin's saggy-"

"don't finish that sentence," hermione quickly covered maddy's mouth while phoebe locked the door of the random, empty classroom they had just shoved the most powerful witch of their generation into.

madison noticed what happened and pushedherself off the granger girl, moving as far away as possible.

hermione's demeanor changed, but then she shook her head and cleared her throat.

"harry told us."

"told you what, exactly?" maddy raised an eyebrow.

"oh, don't play-"

"that you're a bloody death-eater!" phoebe whisper shouted, grabbing a book that was laying on a desk and began slapping her twin sister.

"phoebe," hermione sighed, taking the book away and pulling her back. "mads, talk to us."

"i have nothing to say. harry is just hallucinating," she crossed her arms, attempting to leave but instantly being stopped by the other two.

"please," hermione pleaded.

"what? you don't believe me now? have i lost your trust already?" maddy chuckled.

"arse," phoebe rolled her eyes, lifting the sleeve of her right arm.

"see? no dark mark-didn't even flinch."

"it's cause they go on the left forearm," hermione moved but maddy made a run for it.

"stupefy!"

"phoebe!"

"what? she was getting away!"

"didn't mean you had to stun her!"

"sorry," the younger taylor twin huffed, but realized something and ran up to her sister, revealing the dark mark.

after a moment of silence, hermione spoke up.

"why?"

"i had no other choice."

"hey!" draco bursted into the room before phoebe or hermione could answer. "let her go."

"i thought you locked the door."

"she did," snape glided in, reversing the charm phoebe casted, making maddy able to move again.

"come on," the blonde boy eyed the other two gryffindors as he reached out for maddy's hand.

the two left, leaving snape to scold them, and headed to the room of requirement.

"it's time," was all draco said before the door appeared.

he ran to the vanishing cabinet and asked maddy to stay near the entrance just in case anyone popped in.

not that long later, he ran back to her, except this time he was surrounded by four death-eaters.

"taylor," bellatrix sneered.

"l-"

"now's not the time. w-we have to be quick," draco was shaking and he ignored the looks he was receiving from his best friend. "you know the plan," he told the adults, then ran off to the astronomy tower with the darker girl.

"do they really need to do that anytime they enter a building?" maddy glanced up at the dark sky as they passed a window, but draco ignored her. "look at me," she pulled the two to a halt.

"we haven't-"

"yes, we do have time. you're not alone-trust me. i'm going to help you-"

"no! i won't let you," he cried out.