li

with everything going on in madison taylor's life, she rarely had any free time.

she got very little sleep.

she barely spent time with any of the weasley's or harry.

time passed by quickly as she prepared for the upcoming exams, secretly did research about prophecies, went to d.a. meetings, quidditch practice and training sessions.

due to severus being busy with the private lessons of occlumency harry, dumbledore had offered to take his position as maddy's trainer.

the golden trio understood all the pressure she was being put under, but that didn't mean it hurt them whenever she acted distant.

it took them about three years just to make any progress(except for ron, who had been trying for over a decade).

phoebe wasn't much help, either, seeing as she was being put under the exact same pressure, except for the quidditch thing.

the brunette twins switched over the books whenever angelina dragged maddy to the quidditch field, wanting the new seeker to be ready for matches against the other houses.

a lot of things have happened at hogwarts since christmas break. for example, harry had an interview with rita skeeter, and was somehow able to convince a whole bunch of others about voldemort being back.

"oh, don't be such a killjoy," cho said one day, watching her patronus soar around the room of requirement. "they're so pretty!"

"they're not supposed to be pretty," harry sighed.

"they're supposed to protect you. what we need is a boggart or something-that's how harry learned. the boggart pretended to be a dementor while harry conjured his patronus," maddy looked up from her spot next to hermione.

"but that would be really scary," lavender spoke, complaining about how she still couldn't get the spell to work.

harry moved to neville, who had been struggling too.

"harry, phoebe, maddy, i think i'm doing it!" seamus exclaimed. dean brought him along to the meeting. "look-ah, it's gone-but it was definitely something hairy!"

hermione jumped into maddy's arms as an otter began swirling around them.

"they are sort of nice, aren't they?" the bright witch said, looking at it quite fondly.

"yeah," maddy chuckled, mumbling the chant so that a baby dragon appeared next to the otter.

the door to the room was opened and shut, dobby the house elf showing up at harry's legs, gesturing the taylor twins over.

"hey dobby, what's wrong?" phoebe crouched down, placing a hand on his arm since he was trembling.

"harry potter, sir-madison and phoebe taylor-dobby has come to warn you, but the house elves have been warned not to tell," dobby paused as he went to ran headfirst at the wall for self-punishment but maddy managed to wrap her left arm around his stomach in time.

"what's happened, dobby?" harry asked, glancing around the four for anything that dobby would use to hurt himself.

he pointed out the things to the two girls beside him, who nodded and went back to looking at the elf maddy was still holding onto.

"harry potter, madison and phoebe taylor," he paused again to swing at his nose, which maddy stopped, "she-she-"

"who's 'she', dobby?"

but the three knew.

only one woman could induce such fear in dobby.

"umbridge?" the three whispered, rather horrified.