vii

"where have you been?" molly weasley began to shout, waking up the girl who had fallen asleep on the couch the previous night.

maddy groaned, stretching and standing up, walking to where the noise was coming from.

"car gone, no note. you could've been killed! you could have been seen!" she looked at harry and spoke in a complete different tone. "i don't blame you, harry."

"they've been starving him, mum. they put bars on his window," ron quivered.

"let's hope i don't put bars on your window, young man," molly said, cause maddy to snicker, announcing her presence. "did i wake you, honey? im so sorry."

"at least she's finally up early," fred joked.

maddy ran upstairs to get ready for the day, almost colliding into ginny, who was very excited to see harry.

"what a night, nine raids. nine!" maddy heard arthur say as she walked down.

maddy say down next to ginny, watching the two boys in her year have a conversation between themselves.

"oh, and who are you?" arthur asked the boy with glasses.

"im harry potter," he replied, smiling.

"blimey, are you really?" mr weasley's eyes widened. "ron has told me all about you. when did you get here?"

"this morning," mrs weasley answered for them. "yours sons flew that enchanted car of yours to harry's house and back last night."

"did you now? how'd it go?" he asked excitedly, forcing maddy to hold back a smile.

she couldn't let them see that she actually enjoys spending time with them.

she can't.

"i-i mean, that was very wrong kids, very wrong indeed," he cleared his throat after his wife whacked him with the newspaper. "so, harry, you must know all about muggles. tell me exactly, what is the function of a rubber duck?"

harry began to explain a rubber duck to mr weasley but everyone got distracted by an owl who crashed into the window.

"that must be errol with the post, fetch him, will you, percy."

the boy nodded and got up from his seat, helping the owl up and collecting the letters. the flying animal booted and left.

"it's our hogwarts letters. look, they've sent harry's as well!"

"dumbledore must know you're here, harry. old man doesn't miss a trick, that man," molly said as everyone opened their letters.

"this lot won't come cheap, mum. the spell books alone," fred worriedly spoke."

"we'll manage. right then, there is only one place to get all of this. diagon alley."

ginny jumped in her seat excitedly while percy left to go change.

"you first, harry dear," molly said when they were all standing in front of the fireplace.

the boy took a quick glance at ron.

"harry's never travelled by floo powder before , mum."

"oh," she frowned. "percy, would you mind going first, so harry can see how it's done?"

he nodded and grabbed some floo powder, stepping into the fireplace.

"diagon alley!"

green flames erupted around him as he dropped the powder. within the blink of an eye, he disappeared.