lxv

"can i have my cat back?"

"can you two stop arguing?"

"can you get to cleaning instead of having hermione and me doing it?"

"can you three shut up?"

"i'm doing it, i'm doing-oh, it's just you," ron laid on his bed in relief as harry entered the room, interrupted the four arguing teenagers.

"hi, harry," hermione spoke up, still struggling to get crookshanks out of maddy's hold.

"and how did you three manage to get away?"

"i just apparated up here," maddy shrugged.

"fred and george didn't care about what i did," phoebe said while settling down on ron's bed.

"and ron's mum forgot that she asked ginny and me to change the sheets yesterday," hermione said, placing one book in one pile and another in the other.

"we were just talking about mad-eye-"

"-but then we started arguing-"

"-i reckon he might have survived."

"but bill saw him hit by the killing curse," harry furrowed his eyebrows at maddy, who seemed to be to preoccupied by crookshanks to even process how she interrupted ron with something random.

"yeah, but bill was under attack too. how can he be sure what he saw?"

"even if the killing curse missed, mad-eye still fell about a thousand feet," hermione reminded.

"he could have used a shield charm-"

"fleur said his wand was blasted out of his hand," the brunette twins said in unison.

"well, alright, if you want him to be dead," ron grumpily punched his pillow into a more comfortable shape.

"of course we don't want him to be dead! it's dreadful that he's dead! but we're being realistic!"

"the death-eaters probably tidied up after themselves-that's why no one's found him-wait, it's summer, why are you wearing a jacket?"

"i-"

"her dark mark, you idiot," hermione threw a book at the red-head.

"we won't judge you or anything!" he quickly defended himself.

"i feel more comfortable with it covered, but thank you guys. anyways, back to what we were saying?"

"ah, yeah-like barty crouch, turned into a bone and buried in hagrid's front garden. they probably transfigured moody and stuffed him-"

"harry james potter!" maddy whisper shouted, wrapping an arm around the bushy-haired witch as she burst out into tears.

"oh, no," harry stood up when he noticed phoebe was on the verge of tears too. "hermione, phoebe, i wasn't trying to upset-"

ron interrupted his friend, jumping off his bed and mumbling a spell to siphon off the grease from a handkerchief he was going to hand phoebe.