lxx

as maddy struggled to stay awake, she took in her surroundings, recognizing where she was.

the room was a mess.

two messy cribs in the middle, the door swung open, nursery books all over the beige carpet.

the area had a certain green glow, but maddy just assumed it was due to her nightmares.

the lavender walls probably seemed normal to anyone else who walked in, except for the words written in what seemed to be ink.

madison was going to attempt to apparate, but the pain she had to tolerate when she got up to her feet was too much. the burning sensation had spread from her arm to the rest of her body, most likely so it would be easier to find her.

"blimey," the brunette murmured, gripping onto a gray crib.

she stayed in that position for a few minutes, before finally giving into the darkness.

when she awoke, commotion could be heard from the lower floor.

she tried to get up, but her body ached too much, so instead of trying more, she decided to stay down.

moments later, a hyperventilating remus lupin ran into the small room.

"hi, sorry. i would've gotten here sooner but i was struggling with a pregnant lady."

"pregnant?" maddy choked out.

"yeah-oh! you don't know! dora is pregnant, i was the sperm donor," he proudly smiled, digging through his pocket and tossing a chocolate bar at the younger girl.

"so she finally got a girlfriend?" maddy eyed the chocolate.

"yes, and yes, it's milk chocolate. i know how picky you are when it comes to goods,"remus sighed. "we should hurry and get out of here before more death-eaters arrive. i know you could easily take care of them but you seem to be in no condition, so chop chop. eat that chocolate. i was going to bring sirius home but dora said to come here first-motherly instinct or something like that."

she raised an eyebrow at her ex professor, and unwrapped the bar, taking a bite.

"okay, c'mon."

and with no warning, remus apparated the two to the top step of the number twelve grimmauld place, and they entered as fast as they could.

maddy gripped her arm, making a noise, which seemed to have triggered something since moody's voice spoke out.

"severus snape?"

"it is not i who killed you, albus," remus responded.

the jinx broke, leaving a dense cloud.

"don't move!"

"mudbloods and filth dishonoring my house-"

more footsteps.

"mother!"

"hold your fire, it's me, remus!"

"oh, thank goodness," hermione said weakly.

"show yourself!" harry called back.

remus moved into the light, slightly helping maddy.

hermione made a move to run into her girlfriend's arms but harry stopped her.

"i am remus john lupin, werewolf, sometimes known as moony, one of the four creators of the marauders map, with sirius black, who's still wanted for, and i taught you how to produce a patronus, harry, which takes form of a stag."