xxiv

"blimey dad, how far up are we?"

"well, put it this way, if it rains, you'll be the first one to know."

"where's maddy?"

"sorry!" the girl exclaimed from behind the malfoy's. "i had to tie my shoes before draco attempted in tripping me," she jogged over to hermione's side as the blonde snorted in amusement. the weasley kids all smirked at where the brunette decided to stand.

"father and i are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of cornelius fudge himself."

"don't boast, draco," lucius spoke after hitting the boy with his cane, which made maddy giggle. "there's no need with these people-"

"hey," the taylor girl pouted, knowing both malfoy's actually liked her.

"except for you, my dear. do enjoy yourself won't you, while you can."

he proceeded to walk off, not before faking a smiling but paused to address draco's friend.

"madison, you know where to find us."

"i actually don't," she mumbled once he was out of ear shot, making the others chuckle as they headed to their seats.

as they arrived, something flew over their heads, causing fred to yell.

"it's the irish!"

the green and white team all zoomed by, leaving a trail of their team colors as they passed. loud cheering erupted throughout the stadium as a leprechaun suddenly appeared in the air.

next was the bulgarian team, who had made the green and white trail disappear. the crowd began to chant as viktor krum started showing off his skills.

"good evening! it gives me great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd quidditch world cup. let the match begin," the minister's voice was heard.

"you should try out for quidditch," hermione told maddy, who snorted.

"you're funny."

"im serious."

"im quite busy as it is," she spoke, hermione already knowing what she referred to.

"what are you talking about? you're always sleeping," ginny joined in on their conversation.

"oh you can bloody shut it, ginevra."

the three girls chuckled before moving their focus onto the game.

sometime later, they were back in the tent. the irish had won the game and now ron wouldn't be quiet about krum.

"there's no like krum. he's like a bird the way he rides the wind. he's more than an athlete. he's an artist."

"someone's in love," maddy teased as the twins skipped around the poor boy.

"oh look who's talking."

"what's he talking about?"

"nothing," the brunette quickly answered, making hermione raise an eyebrow at her antics.

"viktor, i love you! viktor, i do! when we're apart my hearts only beat for you!"

maddy jumped as screaming was heard outside, causing hermione to laugh at her.

"rude."

"sounds like the irish have got their pride on."

"stop! stop it. it's not the irish. we've got to get out of here. now!" arthur ran in.