iii

maddy escaped from the great hall, feeling suffocated for some reason.

she entered the bathroom and walked over to a mirror to splash her face with water.

before she could do so, she heard sniffling coming from one of the stalls.

you may be wondering, she's a slytherin, why does she care? why does she want to comfort the crying girl?

well surprise!

slytherins have hearts.

"go away," the voice said after maddy knocked. she identified the voice. it belonged to a hermoine granger.

"h-hermoine. don't make me break the stall," a small click was heard and maddy opened the door, making sure she didn't hit the girl on the floor.

"should i be surprised that you're actually talking?" the bushy haired girl joked, taking the other one by surprise. "oh don't look at me like that. i can make jokes!"

maddy smiled, a real smile, small though. she sat down next to hermoine, who instantly laid her head on her shoulder in attempt to comfort herself.

"you wanna know what's wrong, don't you?"

maddy gave her a thumbs up, seeing no point in nodding since hermoine wouldn't be able to see.

"you have a comfortable shoulder. oh god, did i say that aloud. ugh," she groaned. "anyways. it's dumb, but basically ron was just being rude," hermoine sniffles as maddy chuckled. "it's not funny," the granger girl lifted her head to smack the older girl.

suddenly, they heard a noise, looking up to see a troll. they scrambled up as hermoine cursed.

"w-what do we do?"

ron and harry walked in on time, and began to attack the troll, protecting the girls.

after some action, and a wand getting shoved up a nose(not a person's nose, thankfully) ron casts a spell, knocking the ugly thing out.

"oh! oh my goodness! explain yourselves!" ms mcgonagall ran in, other professors behind her.

"it's my fault," both girls said at the same time.

"ignore her," hermoine quickly added. "i went looking for the troll. i'd read about them and thought i could handle it, but i was wrong. if harry, ron and maddy hadn't come and found me, i'd probably be dead."

"be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do. i would have expected more rational behavior on your part, ms granger. five points will be taken from gryffindor for your serious lack of judgement. as for the other three, i just hope you realize how fortunate you are. not many students could take on a full grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale," she quickly glanced at maddy. "five points will be awarded to each of you, for sheer dumb luck."

𓆉

"you're okay!" draco hugged maddy, once again taking everybody by surprise. "do you wanna stay for the game or do you wanna go walk around?"

maddy nodded towards the school. she was too cold and really wasn't interested in sports. she prefers writing.

draco noticed her shivering as they walked back to the building so he handed her his jacket.

"thanks," she mumbled.

"you know you can talk to me, right? i won't even tell anyone you talk if it makes you feel better."

maddy raised her eyebrow.

"who are you?"

"very funny," he sarcastically laughed. "you're probably the only person i tolerate at this school. and although you haven't said much, i think you're pretty cool. i swear if you tell anyone i said this-"