ii

"i was really excited to be in the same house as you. you don't have to worry about making my parents feel bad or anything though, you know, since every weasley has been in gryffindor," ron rambled.

"she's not a weasley," draco showed up out of no where, pulling the taylor girl away from the red-heads. "you're welcome for that," he said once they were far enough.

all he got in response was a roll of the eyes.

"you really don't talk much do you? what's up with that?"

no answer.

"c'mon," the blonde chuckled. "making me feel like im talking alone here."

"shut up!"

"there we go."

"and get your hand off me," she pushed him away and walked off, heading to her next class.

a girl accidentally crashed into her as she turned a corner.

"sorry!" hermoine exclaimed. "are you okay?"

maddy nodded and the two made eye contact, a shade of crimson red appearing on the granger's cheeks.

"do you know where transfiguration class is, by any chance?"

"uh yeah, i-im actually going there right now. c'mon."

𓆉

"phew, can you imagine the look on old mcgonagall's face if we were late?" harry and ron ran into the room, and hermoine sighed while maddy rolled her eyes.

"you know, if you keep rolling your eyes, they might get stuck back there," draco whispered to the girl in front of him, who flipped him off in return.

"that was bloody brilliant!" ron exclaimed as the teacher turned back from her cat form.

"thank you for the assessment, mr weasley. maybe if i were to transfigure mr potter and yourself into a pocket watch, maybe one of you will be on time."

"we got lost," harry informed.

"then, perhaps a map? i trust you don't need one to find your seats," professor mcgonagall raised an eyebrow.

the two boys nodded and quickly went to go sit down next to hermoine. ron waved over maddy, who just groaned and stood up to sit next to the bushy-haired girl.

𓆉

"taylor! sit with us," draco called after the girl, who was walking with the golden trio because ron forced her, yet again. "saved ya," the blonde sang when she sat down.

"why don't you talk?"

"leave her, crabbe. if she doesn't want to talk then she doesn't have to," malfoy flicked the confused slytherin.

"there will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. as such, i don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. however, for those select few who possess the predisposition, i can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. i can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death," snape spoke, quickly glancing at maddy then focusing on the boy who wasn't paying attention.

"what was that?" draco asked, receiving a shrug in response.

"then again, maybe some of you have come to hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention," hermoine nudged harry, who hissed at the contact. the potter boy gulped as he noticed the teacher staring at him. "mr potter, one of our new celebrities. tell me, what would i get if i added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"