vi

"we need to move it's paw!"

"pay attention," ron whacked the back of maddy's head.

the four students kneeled and used all their strength to move the heavy paw. harry opened the door.

"i'll go first. don't follow until i give you a sign. if anything happens, get yourselves out of here."

"does it seem a little quiet to you?"

"the harp, it stopped playing!"

drool dripped onto ron's shoulder, and everyone looked up, seeing a very awake three-headed dog.

harry panicked, and jumped in. hermoine and ron jumped in next. right when maddy jumped, fluffy swung, scratching the poor girl.

as soon as they landed, hermoine and ron noticed the injury.

"your arm-"

"it's bleeding!" ron began to panic, especially because of them sinking.

"it's fine," maddy mumbled, waving them off.

"stop moving, both of you," hermoine told the two boys, keeping her eyes on maddy's bleeding arm. "this is devil's snare. you have to relax. if you don't, it will only kill you faster."

"kill us faster? oh, now i can relax," the red-head yelped.

hermoine and maddy disappeared underneath what looked like the roots of a tree. the granger girl got up quickly and helped the other girl up.

"are you okay?"

maddy nodded and gave her a thumbs up, then pointed at her.

"me too."

harry fell a couple moments later, leaving ron alone.

"devil's snare, devil's scare, it's deadly fun but will sulk in the sun," a look of realization spread across her face as she lifted her wand. "lumos solem!"

a bright light came out from her wand, causing ron to fall through. harry helped him up.

"phew, at least we didn't panic," he said, letting out a breath of relief. maddy rolled her eyes and whacked him, causing him to get annoyed, so he hit back. the began to whack each other back and forth before harry and hermoine pushed them to opposite sides.

"luckily hermoine pays attention to herbology."

ron smiled and the four headed to the next room, where a noise that sounded like wings was heard. they walked in and saw the room full of flying wings.

maddy looked at the lock on the other door, ignoring what the others were saying, and began looking for the right key. when she found it, she just pointed at it like an amazed baby, except she actually wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

harry got on a broom and chased the key, struggling. as soon as he caught it, he tossed it at the trio down on the floor and maddy caught it. she quickly unlocked the door and slammed it shut right when the boy flew in.

the next room looked like a graveyard.

creepy.

they kept walking and suddenly it lit up, revealing a giant chessboard.

"there's the door!"

swords of the chess pieces blocked their path.

"now what do we do?" hermoine questioned.

it's obvious, isn't it?" ron sighed. "we've got to play our way across the room. alright, harry, you take the bishop's square. hermoine, you'll be the queen's side castle. maddy, take the queen, and as for me, i'll be knight."