xlv

"good morning," hermione whispered to the sleeping girl as she peppered kisses all over her face.

"hi, what time is it?" maddy slowly opened her eyes, realizing who had woken her up and not feeling anything other than happiness and sleepiness.

"about seven," hermione replied. "i wanted to go have breakfast with you alone."

maddy only hummed in response, sliding up and leaning in to give her girlfriend a kiss, but was pushed back.

"morning breath."

"you're lucky i love you," the taylor girl groaned, gently moving hermione off of her so she could go get ready.

the two spent the majority of breakfast enjoying each other's company. harry, phoebe and ron showed up towards the end, joining their debate about cats and dogs.

when maddy and hermione finished, they bid their goodbyes and left the great hall, going on a short walk just so that they could spend more time together.

"are you sure your hand is alright?" the granger girl spoke up.

"yes. professor umbridge is just a bloody-"

whack.

"i don't want you getting more detention. let's go work on your homework."

"hermione, i want to do it on my own."

"mimbulus mimbletonia," the bushy-haired girl ignored her.

"michelangelo is joining us today," maddy let go of hermione's hand, throwing her arms up before running up to get her turtle.

"be careful, doll!" hermione sighed, going to sit down on an empty armchair.

"who's michael corner?" maddy scrunched up her face.

"my boyfriend," ginny replied, playfully rolling her eyes.

"let's go check on the boys," hermione spoke up, grabbing maddy's hand and walking away from ginny and phoebe. "nearly done?"

"no."

"jupiter's biggest moon is ganymede, not callisto, and it's io thats got the volcanoes," she pointed at the red-head's astronomy essay.

"thanks," ron snarled, erasing the incorrect writing.

"sorry, i only-"

"yeah,well, if you've just come over here to criticize-"

"ron-"

"watch it," maddy muttered.

"i haven't got time to listen to a sermon, alright, hermione, i'm up to my neck in it here-"

"no-look!"

hermione pointed at the nearest window, causing the other three to look. an owl was standing on the windowsill, staring right at ron.

"isn't that hermes?"

"blimey, it is! what's percy writing me for?"

the owl flew in as ron opened the window, leaving right after the red-head collected the letter.

"that's definitely percy's handwriting. what'd you reckon?"

"open it!" hermione exclaimed a little too eagerly.

"careful there, mione. wouldn't want anyone thinking you fancy percy weasley."

ron seemed disgusted when he finished the letter, showing the other three the piece of parchment.