v

"wake up!"

"is she always sleeping?"

"yes!" ron groaned, but he got an idea. he grabbed a random book and slammed it right next to maddy, earning some looks but completing his objective.

"bloody hell," maddy mumbled, suddenly hissing in pain.

"what's wrong?"

"ron, what'd you do?"

"i didn't do anything!"

"it's the scars," hermoine realized, seeing harry touching his too.

"it keeps hurting."

"it's happened before."

"yeah, but not like this," maddy nodded in agreement.

"perhaps you two should see madam pomfrey?"

"i think it's a warning," harry softly spoke.

"it means dangers coming," maddy said, getting up and leaving the library.

"what's the rush?" draco joked after almost colliding with the girl.

maddy looked around, seeing the hallway full, and grabbed the boy's hand, dragging him to an empty part of the school. a room she's been going to ever since the beginning.

"alright you're starting to worry me," the blonde calmly spoke.

"we're in danger! we're all gonna die! i haven't even had my first kiss! my turtle hasn't found love yet!" draco laughed at her state but she gave him a glare which shut him up.

"alright. backtrack. im a little lost here."

"voldemort," was the only thing she said before passing out.

𓆉

"finally," malfoy groaned when maddy started blinking.

"what'd you do to her?" ron ran in.

"nothing!"

"i swear-"

ron jumped at draco, but harry and hermoine grabbed him.

"boys, boys," madam pomfrey walked in. "no need to fight. ms taylor passed out because she hasn't ate enough food, and i assume she was panicking before this happened?" she looked around the room and saw draco nodding. "just make sure she eats, mr malfoy."

and with that, madam pomfrey walked back out.

"maddy!" ron exclaimed.

"give her some space," hermoine muttered.

"why aren't you eating," draco softly asked, making sure the trio didn't hear him being nice. maddy just looked away instead of answering.

"im sorry maddy, but we need to go see hargid," harry spoke, and the girl waved them off.

"no!" ron instantly said.

"what happened," the twins said at the same time, running into the room.

"i died," maddy tiredly said, playing dead.

"she passed out because she was freaking out and there wasn't enough food in her system," hermoine explained, seeming to be the only one, other than draco, that paid attention to madam pomfrey.

"ginny did tell us to watch her," fred admitted.

"and why didn't you?"

"ron, calm down," hermoine attempted.