lxviii

"bossy much?"

"just, harry-get that cloak on! phoebe and mads, do whatever you had in mind, just become invisible or something!"

"yeah, we'll become invisible or something," maddy smiled, and after twirling their hands around themselves, the twins had basically become like human chameleons.

"the others-everyone at the wedding-"

"they had it under control when we left," maddy spoke from beside ron, causing him to viciously turn around.

"yeah, we can't worry about that now. they're after the twins and harry, and we'll just put everyone in even more danger by going back."

"she's right. most of the order was there, they'll look after everyone."

"yeah-was sirius okay?" harry asked the twins before they moved off onto the main road.

"he's the one who took us out of there. if it weren't for him, we would still be there, fighting."

"he must've gone into hiding."

"c'mon, i think we ought to keep moving," hermione walked away, towards the main road, where there was a group of men that instantly made maddy move closer to hermione.

she also noticed ron look around the group, and what she guessed was that he was trying to see if he could spot maddy.

"go a tad bit left," she whispered, and the red-head did as told with a small smile.

"just as a matter of interest, why tottenham court road?"

"i've no idea, it just popped into my head, but i'm sure we're safer out in the muggle world, it's not where they'll expect us to be."

"true, but don't you feel a bit-exposed?" ron looked around.

"where else is there?"

"oh, they're-"

"don't do anything!" hermione scolded her girlfriend, cringing at the guys who were wolf whistling at her before continuing her conversation with ron. "we can hardly book rooms at the leaky cauldron, can we? and grimmauld place is out of snape can get in there-he may want to protect maddy and phoebe, but he doesn't care about us, does he? i suppose we could try my parents' house, though i think there's a chance they might check there-oh, i wish they'd shut up!"

"alright, darling? fancy a drink? ditch ginger and come have a pint!"

"bloody-"

"let's sit down somewhere," hermione hastily interrupted, "look, this will do, in here!"

it was a small and shabby all night cafe. harry slid into a booth, as well as the twins.

ron and hermione followed, and when the brunette sat down, maddy interlaced their hands, which caused hermione to adjust their hands so that it wouldn't look odd to anyone who passed by.

after a few moments, ron spoke up.

"you know, we're not that far from the leaky cauldron here, it's only in charing cross-"

"ron, we can't!"

"not to stay there, but to find out what's going on!"

"we know what's going on! voldemort's taken over the ministry, what else do we need to know?"

"okay, okay! it was just an idea!"

the group sat in silence and a waitress walked up to them, so hermione ordered two cappuccinos, seeing as the other three weren't visible, so it would've been weird to order them some too.