xliv

"i like your last name, can i have it?"

ron gagged as hermione turned a crimson red and maddy giggled, fist bumping phoebe.

"where were you guys?"

"doing homework with sev," maddy lied, sitting down like phoebe had done moments ago.

"what happened?" hermione suddenly said, grabbing maddy's red hand.

before replying, the darker girl quickly glanced at harry, who gave her a worried look in return.

"i accidentally crashed into a wall after detention last night."

"it was quite hilarious," harry chuckled.

"what did angelina want?"

"oh, she just wanted to know what professor umbridge said. d' you think i'd rather be stuck in a room with that old toad or playing quidditch?"

"at least it's only lines. it's not as if it's a dreadful punishment, really," hermione trailed off, placing a cold drink on her girlfriend's hand.

harry opened his mouth but closed it again and nodded.

"i can't believe how much homework we've got," ron complained.

"well, why didn't you do any last night? where were you, anyway?"

"busted."

"i was—i fancied a walk."

oh hey, someone else hiding something.

"are you sure you're okay?" hermione mumbled.

"yes, love. i'm perfectly fine," maddy answered, leaning in for a quick kiss.

"i'll help you with your homework saturday?"

"that'd be lovely."

"why don't you help any of us?" the red-headed boy exclaimed.

𓆉

like madison expected, the second session was just as bad as the first.

neither of the two students said anything in all the hours they were with professor umbridge, except for good evening and good night.

"ron?" maddy heard harry say, so she quickly hid her bleeding hand.

"what are you doing?" the two asked the weasley boy, who clutched a broomstick behind his back.

"er—nothing. what are you two doing?"

"come on, you can tell us! what are you hiding here for?"

"i'm—i'm hiding from fred and george, if you must know. they just went past with a bunch of first years, i bet they're testing stuff on them again, i mean, they can't do it in the common room now, can they, with hermione there."

"but what have you got your broom for?"

"you haven't been flying, have you?"

"i—well—well, okay, i'll tell you, but don't laugh, alright? i-i thought i'd try out for the gryffindor keep now that i've got a decent broom. there. go on. laugh."

"i'm not laughing," harry spoke as maddy snorted, causing him to hit her.

"snorting isn't laughing!"

"it's a brilliant idea! it'd be really cool if you got on the team! i've never seen you play keeper, are you good?"

"i'm not bad. charlie, fred and george always made me keep for them when they were training during the holidays."