xxviii

"come on," harry mumbled, pulling maddy off the bench where she was surrounded by ravenclaw girls.

"i was in the zone," the girl whined, trying to go back.

"none of them looked like hermione. correction-none of them were hermione."

"and?"

"and you two are obviously meant to be. it hurts her whenever she sees you flirting with some other person."

"ditto," maddy frowned. suddenly, the gryffindor boy halted, so she did too.

"can i have a word?" she looked to see who he was talking to, and it was none other than the golden boy.

cedric nodded and the three walked away from his group of friends.

"dragons. that's the first task. they've got one for each of us."

"dragons?" maddy smiled, her face lighting up in excitement. cedric raised an eyebrow and harry just waved him off.

"she has this weird obsession with dragons."

maddy opened her mouth to argue but cedric beat her to it, talking about what was actually important.

"are you serious? and fleur and krum, do they-"

harry nodded and the hufflepuff sighed as he turned back to his friends who were messing about.

"right, listen, about the badges. i've asked them not to wear them."

"don't worry about it."

"so i can do this," maddy smiled, stopping cedric from walking away as she put a badge on. the older boy just chuckled and looked at harry.

"good luck with her."

"thank you. i really do need it," he mumbled in response, and the two started play fighting about the badge as cedric walked away.

"what's going on here?" phoebe's voice was heard, causing the two to separate. harry took this as a chance and took the badge from maddy's robe, throwing it across the courtyard, receiving weird looks from others.

"hey! that was mine!"

"okay," the potter boy responded, trying to hide his smirk.

"did you just okay me? oh it is on."

before she could jump on him, phoebe wrapped her arms around her.

"calm down. harry, shoo!"

"im going im going," he held his hands up in surrender as he headed to prepare for the first task.

"you act like a little kid."

"at least im the older twin."

"what makes you think that? it's obviously me."

the two then started bickering, and sadly for them, seamus walked by, hearing everything.

𓆉

"is it true?" some random hufflepuff questioned the two taylor girls as they walked towards where hermione would be sitting in the crowd.

"is what true?" phoebe raised an eyebrow.

"that you two are twins," someone else finished off.

"where'd you hear that?"

"seamus. the boy can't keep his mouth shut for anything."

"you haven't answered the question."

the two looked at each other before sighing.

"yes," the replied in unison, walking away and spotting hermione, who was shuddering.