lv

maddy was no where near wrong.

ever since that night at the department of mysteries, more and more articles about the taylor twins' relation to salazar slytherin were written, making everyone at hogwarts scared of the two.

except for their friends.

"you should go visit hermione," phoebe walked into their dormitory, where maddy was pacing around, sitting down every once in a while.

"i did."

"when you went to go get your cut covered up," phoebe nodded over to the nasty scar on the side of her sister's stomach.

"i don't even know when i got that," maddy furrowed her eyebrows.

"what the," phoebe trailed off, noticing the pile of newspapers on maddy's bed.

"i got as much as i could, but there's no point. it's out there-i don't know how-but it is, and everyone ran out of here as soon as i woke up. what are we supposed to do? is there where we never come back? do we have to go into hiding?"

"why? you saved sirius from death."

"yeah, but it's not like i'm going to be praised or anything! people still think he's a mass murderer!"

their conversation was interrupted by professor mcgonagall.

"you're back," phoebe smiled as maddy attempted to hide all the pieces of parchment on her bed.

"yes. i just came up here to let you two know that professor snape would like to see you-both of you. he's in his office, i believe. also, i am truly sorry for everything."

"it's alright," phoebe smiled. "we'll go find him in a bit."

"of course. have a nice day."

bonk.

"did you just hit me?"

"i don't want to talk to anyone, let alone our bloody godfather!"

"i don't think-"

"yeah yeah, choice of words. we're about to get yelled at!"

"i doubt he's going to yell at us. now please, stop yelling."

when they arrived to his office, phoebe softly knocked and the door swung open.

"please don't yell at us," maddy mumbled.

"yell at you two? i just wanted to see how you were doing. you've had a rough couple of days, and even saw your parents, who you thought were dead for a good fourteen or so years."

"i'm sorry-but who are you? because this don't sound like my sev."

"ten points from gryffindor."

𓆉

"hey," hermione walked into the room where maddy had spent a majority of her time the last four years. "i knew i'd find you in here."

"you shouldn't have come," maddy spoke, not taking her eyes of her wand.

"what's wrong?" hermione furrowed her eyebrows, softly shutting the door.

"i put you in danger again, that's what happened. you could've died-"

"that wasn't your fault."

"yeah, but the next times will be. all those death-eaters saw how i protected you-how your safety was the only thing that i was worried about. that's going to be put against me-they're going to use the amount of love i have for you against me-i'm going to get you bloody killed, hermione!"

"listen-"

"no. not anymore. i need to get this out. i-i need to do this, because if i don't right now, it'll come and bite us in the arse in the future. we're done."

"you don't mean that," hermione's voice was barely audible.

"you're right, i don't, but i know that voldemort would do anything and everything to get what he wants. do you know what he wants? he wants me-my power. i would do anything and everything for you because that's how much i love, hermione jean granger! i'm putting you in danger a-and i can't do that. i can't deal with that on my conscience all the damn time, i just can't. going back to how things were when we first met each other gives me a little bit of hope, that in the end, you'll be okay. i'm truly sorry, but this is the end-or at least a pause while i figure things out, and while i figure out how to keep you safe. if losing you means you'll make it out of this war alive, then so be it. you're my other half, and if you die-i'd simply just lose it. that's how much you bloody mean to me!"

there was a moment of silence while maddy caught her breath and hermiome processed everything.

"my best friend is harry potter. i'm al-"

"exactly! you're friends with harry. you're already put in enough danger as it is."

"i'm not going to win this argument, am i?" hermione wiped her nose, tearing up at the answer she knew she was going to receive.

"no," maddy looked up at the ceiling.

"promise me one thing then."

"anything."

"you'll come back to me."

there was another moment of silence, but this time, maddy's eyes met hermione's, both of them on the verge of crying.

"always."

word count- 819
date written- november 2, 2020
short, shitty chapter just so that i can close off this movie without making way more parts or anything
holy crap this book is almost over-