xxxiv

"who let these two meet?" mad-eye moody's voice was heard throughout the twelve grimmauld place, filled with annoyance.

his walking stick started hitting the stairs, causing the two giggling witches to run into the kitchen and sit down, feigning innocence.

"oh what'd you do now?" a new voice was heard, and it took maddy a couple seconds to process it. she slowly looked up and saw the weasley's and hermione.

"mione!" she exclaimed, jumping up from her seat and into the girl's extended arms. "i missed you."

"i missed you too, doll."

"i win," fred's voice was heard. there was more commotion from the red-headed twins, so hermione and maddy pulled away to see.

"we made a bet," george shrugged. "i thought she would hug ginny first."

"it's obvious these two would hug each other first though, like c'mon. they're in love!" fred spoke, causing both girls to turn a shade of red.

"hey ginny," maddy chuckled, wrapping the younger girl in a hug.

"when do i get my hug?" ron questioned.

"never."

"oh how much i've missed this," arthur sighed as the two started bickering.

after hugging the others, maddy went to sit next to hermione, who instantly interlaced their hands.

"well, we have to go get harry. boy got himself into some trouble," tonks informed, kissing phoebe on the head and ruffling maddy's hair.

"we'll be back in a bit," kingsley said, and some of the adults walked out of the building.

"so what did you and tonks do?" molly raised an eyebrow.

"nothing," maddy smiled, attempting to seem innocent, which made hermione's heart thump. both girls stood up, heading upstairs to the room maddy had been staying in for the past two months.

"use protection!"

"ronald bilius weasley!"

"they're both girls, you dingus!"

"may we come in?" ron's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

"no," maddy answered from her spot on top of hermione.

no, they weren't doing anything like that, you nasty.

they were wrestling because maddy wouldn't give crookshanks back.

"yes," hermione playfully rolled her eyes at the girl hovering over her, softly pushing her off and sliding up so her back was against the wall.

"what happened in here?" phoebe raised an eyebrow, glancing around her sister's messy room that was probably the cleanest in the house this morning.

without hesitating, maddy pointed at the girl next to her, who shoved her off the bed.

"she tackled me and we started fighting over her cat," maddy mumbled, and as if on cue, crookshanks jumped onto her lap, causing her to send a cheeky wink to the girl on her bed.

"harry!" hermione suddenly yelled, making the others jump. "we didn't hear you arrive! oh, how are you? are you alright? we've heard them talking about the dementors attack. you must tell us everything."

"let him breathe, love," maddy chuckled, getting up from the ground and wrapping her arms around the boy.

"the hearing at the ministry, it's outrageous. i've looked up, they simply can't expel you, it's completely unfair."