xv

"so like did everyone just get hotter this year or what?" maddy raised an eyebrow at the golden trio.

"focus!" ron flicked her. like usual, the two started fighting. harry and hermione smiled, rolling their eyes as they pulled the two apart. "like i was saying. ancient runes and divination are at the same time. you'd have to be in two places at once."

"don't be silly," the granger girl quipped.

"taylor!" draco called out, calling his friend over.

"see ya," she told the other three, running over to the blonde. "how are your arms?" she whispered.

"better," he smiled, chuckling as maddy interlaced their fingers, making pansy jealous.

"oh hey pot, didn't see ya there!"

"it's pansy and you know it," the girl growled.

"pot, pan, same thing," maddy shrugged.

"c'mon now! got a real treat for yeh today. everyone here? follow me," hagrid spoke up, stopping the two girls from continuing. "everyone gather around here! make sure yeh can see. now first things yeh'll want to do is open yer books-"

"how?" draco spoke up, letting go of maddy's hand to figure out how to work the book.

"eh?"

"how do we open our books?" he held his up.

"h-hasn' anyone been able ter open their books?" hagrid questioned sadly. "yeh've got to stroke em," the giant continued, stealing hermione's book and doing as he said.

"oh, how-"

draco was interrupted by the brunette next to him, who shoved a green apple in his mouth.

"drapple," she mumbled, grabbing his book and doing was she did moments ago to open hers.

"bloody hell," he muttered after taking the apple out. "really?" she shrugged in response and giggled. draco smirked as he noticed hermione's staring. "go shove something in granger's mouth."

whack.

"so now yeh've got yer books, now yeh n-need the magical creatures. yeah. so. i'll go and get em," he disappeared into the forest.

"god-"

whack.

"salazar, let me finish what im saying!" the blonde exclaimed, his eyes widening as he realized what he said, just like hermione's.

"you two act like siblings," crabbe muttered, bringing a small smile to their faces. draco quickly hid his by biting his apple.

"dementor, dementor," draco randomly said, making harry lunge at him. thankfully, the bushy-haired girl grabbed harry's shoulders.

the people around him, except maddy, began to laugh.

"bloody hell, shut up before you make me go deaf!" madison directed to pansy as she covered her ears.

"are you trying to start something?"

the two started arguing, but draco didn't want maddy to get in trouble so he pushed her towards the golden trio.

ron instantly went to go grab her, and he shared a quick nod with the blonde.

"oh!" lavender spoke, pointing to something located behind the padlock.

"a hippogriff! beautiful, isn't he?" hagrid smiled. "so, if any of you want ter come a bit nearer-"

the group of third-years backed away. harry and maddy were both frozen, admiring the creature. hermione noticed and quickly grabbed the other girl's hand, pulling her a few steps back.