x

"you know you don't actually have to stay with me, right?" hermoine asked the taylor girl, who was attempting to get comfortable in a chair. she was too busy figuring out how to sit so she just hummed in response. "i look terrifying."

"no you don't," maddy subconsciously mumbled, sighing as she finally got comfortable.

"do i have your attention now?" the darker girl sent a thumbs up hermoine's way. "why are you here?"

maddy thought for a second. it's just the two of them in the medical wing. might as well answer and have small talk. she wasn't trying to deal with awkward silence.

"hospitals are scary," she spoke quietly, causing hermoine to burst out into laughter and accidentally cough out a fur ball.

"gross," the girls said unison, smiling.

they sat in silence for a couple minutes before hermoine spoke up.

"i don't think i ever apologized for our interaction at the book store," she began, but was waved off by maddy.

silence.

"why don't you talk that much?"

"you really aren't going to let this go, are you?" maddy groaned. hermoine shook her head and maddy sighed. "fine. i like being alone."

"no you don't," she raised an eyebrow.

"if i don't talk to people then they won't know whether they like me or not, which means we don't become friends. if i don't get any friends then i don't become close with anyone and raise the chances of being hurt. happy now?"

before hermoine could answer, madam pomfrey walked in.

"miss granger, how are you feeling?"

"okay."

"i suggest you should get some rest. take this," she said, handing the cat girl some sort of liquid. "miss taylor, please go back to your dormitory. you will-"

"actually, can she stay?" hermoine interrupted.

"uh, yeah, of course," madam pomfrey smiled, leaving the two girls by themselves once again.

"how do you fancy people? like, you don't talk to anyone. do you just not fancy anyone?"

"wouldn't you like to know, miss granger," maddy teased.

boy if hermoine didn't have the face of a cat then she would have been a tomato!

"i-i was just w-wondering be-"

"calm down stutters. i haven't fancied anyone before, but you can go ahead and try to be the first one," maddy stood up.

what a surprise, madison's a flirt.

"where are you going?"

"i have to pee," maddy called out, making the girl on the bed chuckle and shake her head.

                                           𓆉

"what's this i hear about you spending like all of your free time with hermoine?" draco malfoy caught up to his only friend.

"jealous?" maddy playfully smirked.

"no! what happened to the 'im just hanging out with them to learn about the chamber'?"

"hermoine's cool," maddy shrugged.

"we talking about the same girl?"

"shut up," maddy rolled her eyes, smiling.