xxiii

"where are we going?"

"haven't got the foggiest. keep up!"

the weasley's, harry, maddy, and hermione had been walking for quite a while, heading to one of their destinations for the tournament.

"arthur!" another voice was heard. "it's about time."

"sorry, amos," the older weasley chuckled. "some of us had a sleepy start."

as if on cue, maddy and ron yawned, causing the rest to chuckle.

"this is amos diggory, everyone. he works with me at the ministry."

out of no where, someone jumped down from the tree, landing on his feet like a cat.

"and this strapping young lad must be cedric, am i right?"

"yes sir," the boy answered, shaking hands with the older man.

"long walk, arthur?"

"not too bad, we live on the other side of the village there. you?"

"had to get up at two, didn't we, ced? i tell you, i'll be glad when he's got his apparation test. still, not complaining. quidditch world cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of galleons, and the tickets cost about that. all these yours, arthur?" amos peered behind the man.

"no, only the red-heads," he answered after glancing at maddy. "this is hermione granger, friend of ron's, and these two-"

"merlin's beard, is that harry potter and madison taylor?"

"no."

"er- yeah," harry awkwardly waved as ginny shoved the brunette next to her.

"ced's talked about you, of course," amos began after raising an eyebrow at the taylor girl. "told us all about playing against you last year. i said to him-ced, that'll be something you tell your grandchildren...you beat harry potter!"

"harry fell off his broom, dad. i told you it was an accident."

"yes, but you didn't fall off, did you? always modest, our ced. always the gentleman, but the best man won. im sure harry would say the same, wouldn't ya, eh? one falls off the broom, one stays on. you don't have to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

"must be nearly time," arthur quickly changed the subject, "do you know if we are waiting for any more?"

"no. the lovegoods have been there for a week already, and the fawetts couldn't get tickets. there aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

maddy opened her mouth to say one of her witty comebacks, which hermione noticed, so she flicked her before she could say anything.

the girl pouted and walked over to cedric while arthur and amos kept talking.

"so were you just sitting in the tree, waiting for us?" maddy whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"not exactly," the hufflepuff chuckled.

"you just need to touch the portkey. a finger will do," mr weasley informed a very confused harry and hermione.

"is she with you?" cedric questioned, nodding at the brunette maddy was staring at.

"what? no, nice joke," she turned red as she rambled on.

"okay, i get it. you two are just friends-for now," he teased while they walked over to the portkey, placing their hands on it.

"harry!" someone yelled out his name, catching his attention so he rushed to the boot, touching it just as they scenery for everyone began to change.