xxxviii

"how's it going with that mud-granger?" draco walked up to their meeting spot.

"draco."

"what? i corrected myself before the word came out!" the blonde threw his arms up in exasperation.

"let's just go," maddy rolled her eyes, getting up from the bench she was sitting on.

"so, once a week?"

"yes, so that we can catch up."

"you never answered my question," draco sighed as the duo turned a corner.

"if you so desperately want to know, it's going amazing."

"she's really got you, huh?" the slytherin chuckled.

"i have no clue what's you're going on about."

"uh huh."

the two spent the rest of their journey talking about the most random subjects, which they usually did whenever they were together.

they had one of those friendships where you just couldn't run out of things to say, but if you did, there wouldn't be any awkward silence.

before they arrived to the great hall, maddy stopped to wrap her arms around her best friend.

"what's this for?"

"don't wanna ruin your reputation with a hug," the taylor girl winked, skipping to the huge doors.

"you're going to do that if you don't walk normally," draco teased, running up to the girl to stop her.

"let me go!" maddy fought against his grip.

"hem hem, what is going on here?" a new voice was heard.

"nothing," both students put a halt to their playful fighting.

professor umbridge just hummed in response, looking at the snake and lion up and down, then walked towards the great hall.

"umbitch," maddy muttered under her breath, causing the lady dressed in all pink to stop.

"detention!"

"good going," draco snorted in amusement, following umbridge but going to his house table instead.

maddy did the same, kissing hermione's head as she arrived.

"morning."

"where were you?" the granger girl asked worriedly.

"oh, you know, the usual. getting detention even though the year barely started," she shrugged, causing her girlfriend to go wide-eyed.

"what'd you do?" ron snickered.

"professor umbridge heard me call her umbitch."

whack.

"merlin's balls, both of you?" maddy groaned in pain, rubbing the spot that hermione and phoebe hit at the same time.

"language."

"you're such an idiot."

"good luck," harry mumbled, a small smile growing on his face. "hi, angelina," the boy suddenly said.

maddy looked up to see tall, black haired girl, looking right back at her.

hermione nudged the darker girl after seeing angelina smile at her girlfriend. in response, maddy intertwined their fingers before looking back to see what their fellow gryffindor wanted.

"hi, good summer? listen, i've been made gryffindor quidditch captain."

"nice one," harry grinned.