Chapter 43

Froilan POV

Today is Friday, the sixth day of November when I decided to drove my car in the place where I would buy something for her. As I arrived, I removed my sunglasses made by a tinted glass for my eyes to avoid the bright shine of the sun.

Sinuri pa ko ng guwardiya sa mall kaya hindi ako kaagad nakapasok, at nang makilala kung sino ako ay pinapasok naman na ako kaagad.

Once I get inside, I began to step my foot while examining the surroundings. There are a hundred conversations told in loud voices, all of them are competing that dominates the atmosphere.

As I looked and examine the whole place— finding that shop, I noticed that the ceiling is domed higher than any cathedral and made of the most beautiful glass. The walkways flow like tributaries to the main rivers of people, not a sharp angle to be seen. It smells like heaven in a hand-basket and the floor shines like the surface of a lake at sunrise.

Sa kabilang gilid ay nakita ko ang shop na hinahanap ko, kaya sinimulan ko nang ihakbang ang aking paa papunta roon.

A warmly greet welcomed me when I stepped my feet in their stone floored-shop. Tanging ngiti lang ang binigay ko sa kanila at hinanap ang bibilhin ko.

The next morning, after I woke up, I dialed her number. A few ring passed when she finally answers it.

“Good morning, Cariño. How's your sleep?” Humikab pa ako habang hinihintay ang sagot niya.

“Okay naman ang tulog ko, pero walang good sa morning ko. Ikaw ba? Kumusta ang tulog?”

My brows arched when she greets me that. I wonder what’s bothering her, now that she’s in their new home.

“I can't sleep properly,” biro ko.

“Why?” she asked in the mody tone which gives me a wide smile in my face.

“Because your gorgeous face and hot figure keeps repeating in my mind. I just can't help it, I badly want to see you last night.” I bit my lower lip when I heard her giggling on the other line.

Mukhang natawa siya sa sinabi ko— which is true.

“Engot ka, ewan ko sa 'yo!”

And there goes her line again. Humalakhak na lamang ako dahil doon. Kung binilang ko na sana ang linya n’yang iyon tuwing kausap ako, baka umabot na ng milyon.

Napag-usapan naming magkita sa tagpuan na sinabi ko dahil aayain ko siya sa isang lugar. When I arrived at that shopping mall again, I saw her examining her surroundings. Kaagad akong pumunta sa kaniya at hinintay ang mga kasama namin.

When we arrived at our destination, I hold myself not to be tempted when I saw her body guard again.

Conor.

Hindi ko na lang siya pinansin at pumasok kami sa loob upang makasakay na sa mga rides.

At the top of the Ferris wheel, the musical roar of the carnival dimmed, letting in the sound of the Bricelle’s excited giggles and the crinkle of paper from the rolled-up bag of popcorn she held tightly in one small fist. We shared a grin as she kicked her feet out at the open air.

I loved this moment, I feel like I lived for it every year. When we reached the pinnacle of the rotation as the carriage opposite us stopped to exchange passengers.

I pulled in a deep, clean breath. For one moment, everything seemed so clear, so full of potential. So reachable. I could do anything I put my mind to.

A moonless night came, we’re here at the middle of nowhere with the most beautiful and important girl in my life, she accepted my gift. A ring, which my dad offered to me to give it to the girl I want to marry.