56| The Letters

I cleared my voice and immediately stand on my feet with a tinge of pink in my cheeks

I cleared my voice and immediately stand on my feet with a tinge of pink in my cheeks. I looked down on my feet while waiting for him to say anything.

I looked up once again to see him staring straight to my face which makes me diverted my face to somewhere else. My heart keeps beating and beating at my saviour in front of me with him saying nothing but stare, more like his observing me.

"Thank you for saving me awhile ago. " I said when I found my confidence but quickly diverted my eyes away from his orbs.

I shifted my body and was about to walk away from this awkwardness when I feel a gentle grasp on my arm. I looked back to him in confusion with my slightly raise eyebrow.

"What's your name? " he asked, still staring at me. I looked down to my arm where his hand is as another set of blush creep to my face.

"Emery." I said shortly while giving him a genuine smile when I heard Cora's voice. His lips tugged upwards as I shook my arm away from his grasp.

"I gotta go. " I excused myself but was stop again when he hold my hand, stopping me from my trail. His hand is so soft as tingles exploded to my palm and stomach.

"Hendrix. " he said shortly as I my face filled with confusion, I'm probably look so stupid right now.

"My name's Loresco Hendrix." he introduced himself with his steady cold voice. Some people might find him scary and intimidating but for me it's alluring. Snap out of it Emery.

"Emery?! " I heard Cora yell out my name, she's looking for me.

"I need to go, bye. " I gave him a small wave and a smile before jogging back to the tree where we at awhile ago.

Once I reached back, I see a worried Cora with drinks on her hands. She's panting while facing back to me.

"Cora. " I called out to her as she immediately shifted her body to face me.

"Thank God, I'm looking at you everywhere but still no avail. Where are you by the way? " she said as she hand me my apple juice. Yum!

"Well awhile ago while I was trying to find the best position on that branch, I accidentally lose my balance and slip but luckily my legs are hugging the branch so I won't fall. " I started while pointing at the tree branch. I took a sip on my apple juice with her listening intently for me to finish.

"I shouted for help but then again my wish came true because someone help me from dying helplessly in that deadly position. He hel---. " I was cut off when she squealed giddly on my side. I rolled my eyes while putting my pointer finger on my lips, shushing her.

"He? OMG! I can feel it that his your the one! I ship you guys! OMG I'm gonna tell them about this. Wait what's his name? " she squealed loudly while clapping her hands. I gave her my best glare as she huffed and tell me to continue.