9. Block

Kennedy banks pov
Saturday 8/13

I slowly open my eyes to see Daniel standing in front of me with a platter full of food and a mimosa

"Awe Danny " I squeal " I swear your like the perfect guy that be on the movies "

"Babe I just like to make you feel special , let you know that you mean a lot to me "  he says sitting the  platter down placing a kiss on my forehead .

"Well I feel amazing " I smile then take a bite out of a strawberry." So what are we doing today?  " I ask knowing he has a full day ahead .

" well I - uh Uhm " he stutters " I was thinking I could take you home " he says

" Damn guess I've outstayed my welcome " i mumble putting the  platter to the side . I Didn't know I was that bad of a house guest

"Noo it's not that " he says quickly " I just really been enjoying you and you ain't been home in a while anyways so -"

"So you send me back ? " I question confused

" no I was just wondering if you wanted to -" he pauses and sighs " look I know you want to move slow and im down for that but I just wanted to know if you wanted to move in with me "

My eyes nearly pop out the sockets as I replay his words in my head . This is so unexpected, his definition of slow is fast at hell .

" I know I shouldn't have asked , I'm sorry " he shakes his head

"No it's fine " I grab his hand " I've been really enjoying myself over here and getting get comfortable. So I understand why you would be confused. But I don't want to just move into your life like this "

"Like what Kennedy?! My girl ? " he snaps . I jump at the sound of him yelling . I've never saw him this angry . "I'm sorry for raising my voice but you gotta understand my frustration " he sighs . I nod my head and get up . I try to grab him but he snatches away " I'll be in the car " he tells me .

I gather the little stuff I had and got in the car . It was a a awkward car ride to my mothers house . He didn't say one word and the only time he even looked in my direction was to check the right rear mirror ?

We pull up in front of my mom house and he just looks forward . I look at him then lean in to kiss his cheek . "I'll call you " I say then get out the car . I hated that he had a attitude towards me but I'm just not ready to go to that level with him . Even if I am his 'girl '

" look who brought they fast ass back home " my mom calls out from the porch

" hey momma " I frown

" hey momma my ass , where you been ? " she asks as I make it on the porch 

" at my friends house "

"Well you should've stayed there ! Out with all these niggas hoeing around . I'm putting you out my house " she says then flicks her cigarette in the grass .

"What ? Why ?" I ask confused

" oh you riding around with Porsches and a job feeling yo little self . Time for you to be humbled like your brother . Let's see what them folks gone do for you now , y'all dumb ass "

I look at her and shake my head . "You know what I don't even wanna fight with you , and I'm damn sure not finna beg you to stay in a house that the government pays for , I'll just get my stuff " I tell her

" I already packed it bitch " she says grabbing the luggage out the house and rolling it out to me . I look into the driveway and remember I left my car at jordie house because I thought Daniel was supposed to take me back there .

After eight calls , jordie still didn't pick up . So I just figured I would walk to the nearest bus stop . It's funny how just as life starts to feel worth living , things turn around and bring you back to square one .  I feel like I got punched in my face . Twice .

Walking in this sun made me remember why I started wearing weave in the first place . Nobody got time for this shit .

I find a bench to rest at while I attempt to pin my hair up .

"Well look who it is " I hear as a car rolls up in front of me . Von fat head ass pops out the window making me even more irritated "look whose taking the bus , where ole boy at ? daddy took the car back ? " he says and starts laughing . God make this the third punch to the face .

"Go to hell von " I roll my eyes .

"You said that already "

I look at him and shake my head "don't you have somebody to shoot or something? "

"Is that your only comeback? See I was gone offer to help your homeless ass , but ya moms was right kicking your ass out . Teach you how to watch that mouth " he snaps .

" look I'm not in the mood today alright just gone about your business" I tell him

" bye " he says with an attitude

"Bye "

A few hours  pass and I start to get tired . The bus was no where to be found and people started to think I was homeless forreal . Well technically I am but I don't like looking like it tho . I wish I could call Durk but he pissed me off so bad I would rather cook in the sun  Then talk to him .

" girl you still out here ? " I open my eyes and see von back in my face sadly .

" go get you some business "

" believe me baby girl I don't give a damn about you . Durk told me to come make sure you was straight since you ain't talking to him , and he also said to give you a ride if you needed it , but I'm just finna get some business like you told me " he tells me and smirks . I mug him and roll my eyes . Damn I hate today .

"Wait !" I shout before he drives off " I need a ride "