63. 3 times for the birthday bih

Omniscient POV

After everyone finished gift giving and eating . Kennedy, Kayla , vons grandma , and india stayed back to clean up while the guys went into the studio room . Durk and Von are beyond happy .

Von Seeing his grandmas reaction to the album made him realize how much he's really changed and that she's proud of him . The fact that Kennedy even thought to invite her made him appreciate her more then he already did . He didn't realize how much she really listened to the things he said , or the stories he told .

"Hey honey " vons grandma says walking up to Kennedy as she wipes off a table .

"Hey ms Bennett " she smiles nervously. Kennedy knew this one on one moment was coming but she was hoping it didn't . She didn't know what to expect from her. What if she snaps on her ? What if she cusses her out for inviting her ?what if she tells her she's not good enough for Von ? Kennedy head goes crazy thinking of the different possibilities.

"Please baby call me maw " she starts making Kennedy feel a little more comfortable " I just wanted to thank you " she says.

Kennedy stops cleaning the table and looks at her "for what ? " she asks . Maw sighs and sits down .

"Sit with me " she tells her, patting the chair . Kennedy gulps and sits down . "When I used to look at my grand baby I used to see a sweet , fragile , motivated, intelligent young man " she smiles . "Until the age of fourteen " she mumbles making her smile go away . "After that I saw nothing but a young delinquent ready to be arrested "

"Really ? " Kennedy questions , shocked by her choice of words

"Yep " she nods . Then starts to tear up thinking about him . " I was so glad when he decided to stay away from home , So I didn't have to sit there everyday and watch him slowly kill himself in these streets " she shakes her head . Kennedy grabs her hand and maw squeezes it .

"I'm sorry " Kennedy mumbles feeling a wave of emotions come over her.

"No don't be" she shakes her head " I'm telling you this to let you know how much you've impacted him in a positive " she says and Kennedy looks at her confused . "When Von first met you he called home and vented about you . Of course I didn't know who he was talking about , but I knew that he really cares about you and I haven't heard that in his voice in a long time "

Kennedy smiles a little and nods . She didn't know he told his grandma about her . The whole thought of him bragging about her and expressing his feelings always surprises her . She imagines the little vein popping out of his forehead as he vented and she knew that was the cutest thing ever .

"This is the most life I've seen in him since he left and I know it's because of you . The way my baby stares at you and talks about you , hell he said he loved you and the only other person he's ever said that about was al from the damn hot dog place " she shakes her head and Kennedy laughs . "I'm just so thankful you came into his life " she finishes.

Kennedy blinks her tears back and sniff " I'm thankful he came into mine , vons giving me so much motivation and love over these couple months . You did an amazing job with him " Kennedy smiles .

" no baby "Maw shakes her head "you did an amazing job with him "

Kennedy smiles and gives her a big hug , finishing with a kiss on the cheek . "Don't leave my baby ya hear ? " maw tells her

" I won't"Kennedy chuckles . She finally felt like she's talking to a positive women figure . This conversation gave her more clarity then her entire life with her own mother . Someone like vons grandma is who she wished she had growing up to guide her through her life . To make her strong , and not so emotional. And Maybe she would have been with Von sooner .

"Grams you over here scaring my girl? " Von asks walking over to them . When he walked in the room all he saw was a crying fest so he waited and came back in .

"Boy shut up " she tells him . "You got a good one von dont mess it up " she points at him

"I won't Maw " he smiles looking at Kennedy . She looks at him and grins . Seeing how gentle he is with his grandma made her heart melt. Just like the first time he cried in front of her, or said he loved her or expressed any type of feeling . Even seeing him smile made her happy . Because She remembered when he didn't smile at all.

"Good baby" she says " well it was nice seeing you "

"You finna leave ? " he asks

"Yeah you know I got to get home before I miss family feud " she tells him and he smiles . "Cmon Kayla ! "

Von gives her a big hug and Kennedy does the same. "Thank you again " she mumbles again in Kennedy ear .

"No thank you " Kennedy whispers back then pulls away and smiles .

Von walks Kayla and maw out and Kennedy finishes up in the showroom lost in her thoughts . Vons grandmas words replayed in Kennedys head and all she could do is smile . Everyone giving her credit for changing Von makes her so happy . She knew he became more sentimental and sweet but she didn't credit herself for it . She just thought he got happier when he started doing things for himself and not the streets .

She feels she arms wrap around her waist and looks back seeing von. "Hey baby ," she smiles wrapping her arms around his neck "are you enjoying your day ? " she asks

He looks down at her and smirks . "What did I do to deserve somebody like you ? " he asks genuinely wanting to know the answer. He's been wanting to know for a while . He knew all he had was bad karma and Kennedy seemed a little to perfect to be true .

"What do you mean ?" She asks . He shakes his head and sighs .

"You got my grandma to come see me " he mumbles burying his head in her neck . She pouts and rubs his back feeling a warm liquid on her shoulder . He's crying.

"Awe baby " she mumbles Trying not to cry herself .

"Nobody care about me that much to do no shit like this " he says expressing what he wanted to say earlier .

"You deserve it "she tells him . He pulls away and looks at her

"No I don't , I don't even deserve you " he shakes his head and she furrows her eyebrows .

"You finna break up with me ?" She asks and he frowns his face

"Fuck no ! Never "

"Oh cause I was finna call your grandma back here " she says and he laughs .

"I love you to much , you ain't never leaving me " he tells her really meaning it . She nods and smiles ."witcho pretty self "

"Stawppppp " she blushes and he laughs .

"Cmon lets go home " he says

"Uhm we can't "

"Why ? "

"Because we have one more birthday stop " she grins