44. It is what it is

Omniscient pov

"Hold up , so your telling me that Kennedys your sister ?" Money asks Durk amused

"Hell yeah " Durk says and india lightly taps his arm reminding him that's it's still a business meeting . "I mean yeah " he catches on "blood sister "

"Wow that's crazy " Rick starts " she's your sister , and your trying to get signed to her boyfriends dads label "

Kennedy cringes at them calling Daniel her boyfriend and puts her head down trying not to pay attention von glaring at her .

"Well I don't know about y'all but it seems meant to be to me " money says and him and Durk laugh . Vons head wasn't even in the room right now. He wanted to flip the table over and beat Daniels ass in front of his dad . But he knew that it would affect Durk to so he tried to keep calm.

"So are you and Dayvon brothers ? " money asks Durk .

"Yeah ,We ain't come out the same coochie but we brothers " durks answers comfortably .

"Durk " india mumbles hitting him .

"No it's okay beautiful I want to see them in their purest form " money assures india and she smiles . Durk loosens up even more and looks over to see von mugging the hell out of something . "Tell me about how y'all started making music "

"Uh well me and Von was in about
Middle sch-"

"Pops don't you want to hear a little about their past life before we get into the music aspect of things ?" Daniel chimes in cutting Durk off . All eyes land on him as he smiled and Kennedy rolls her eyes slowly knowing how left this night was about to go .

"Not really son , what they do in there personal life has nothing to do with the music they create "
' money tells him

"Yeah and plus every relationship should start with a blank canvas " Kennedy smiles so that Daniel wouldn't mess up the chances of her brother getting signed . They would literally kill him

"Tuh " Von scoffs sipping some of his drink . Money looks over at Von and smiles noticing the reaction to Kennedys statement .

"Von you've been Awfully quiet , I thought you would talk more from your songs . The way you express Your stories through your music is interesting " money says to him

"Very interesting " Daniel chimes in again . It even started to annoy money at that point . "Little do you know their truthful "

"Yeah Very truthful , you want to be featured in the next one ? " von asks him and Asian side eyes him . Durk clears his throat and cuts his eyes at Von . Von sighs and remembers that they trying to get signed . He decided instead of handling it the Von way he would handle it the Dayvon way " I'm just humbled by the experience " he corrects himself in a softer voice . Durk looks at him trying not laugh . He knew he was clowning .

"Where was this humble guy when you started fighting at the club the other night ? " Daniel asks feeling bold being in his dads presence He is determined to ruin this night for Von.

"Oop " Durk mumbles to india knowing Daniel is starting something he can't finish .

Von chuckles before responding feeling Asian tapping on his leg hoping he wouldn't say anything back "Prolly taking care of the girlfriend you kicked out "