31.Baguettes

Omniscient pov
8/29 Tuesday
3:50 am

Dayvon jumps out of his sleep drenched in sweat, panting like a dog . In his dream he had just been shot and it felt so real . He looks around the dark room and almost knocks over his lamp trying to turn it on . Seeing he was alone in the room he burst out of bed and runs out the room . Seeing a light on in the kitchen , he goes down there and peeks around the corner .

"Kennedy ?!" He says frantically . She looks over with noodles dangling out her mouth . His fear from his dream goes away as he laughs at her .

"What ?" She asks embarrassed "I'm hungry "

"Of course you are " he laughs and then sits on the counter .

"What's wrong with you , why you up ? "

"My dream " he tells her .

"Awe did king pin Von have a nightmare "she gasp sarcastically and he waves her off .

"That shit felt real "

"What happened ? You got shot ? " she guesses . He looks at her like she's a witch and scoots away .

"How did you know ? " he asks with his eyebrows furrowed

She starts to laugh and shake her head " that's the only thing y'all hood niggas are afraid of now days " she shrugs

"I'm not afraid of death " he starts

"So what are you afraid of ?" She asks him . He takes a long pause debating on rather he should tell her or not . He already opened up so much and showed so much emotion to her even though he tried his best to keep a guard up . The guard never worked on Kennedy . He couldn't hide his feelings from her .

"I'm afraid that when Durk get out , you not gone be here no more " he says and she stops eating her noodles to see if he was serious . The truth is he really enjoyed Kennedy being around . Rather it was friend ship or arguments he just wanted her there with him . But he knew all that would change when Durk got out , and he didn't want it to end.

She walks over to him and stands in between his legs . "Von since we've been hanging out it's been probably the most entertaining moments in my life . You took me in like I'm one of your own and I admire you for That. I've learned so much about you and rather you want to admit it or not we've formed a real friends ship . So even though Durk is getting out soon , the bond that we've built over this little bit of time can't just disappear . I won't let it " she tells him and he lets out a small smile .

"I fuck with you Ken killa " he says before he got to emotional

"I mess with you to " she daps him up "now let's go back to sleep "