22. On yo ass

Dayvon Bennett pov

I sat down at the kitchen table waiting for Kennedy to come out the bathroom

I sat down at the kitchen table waiting for Kennedy to come out the bathroom . That hoe ass nigga had some nerve talking to her like that . She been loyal as hell to his ass since she been over here and we could have fucked plenty of times , for him to just accuse her of that shit is foul and he need his ass beat . Durk just got locked up and he wanna throw her out over something he thought happened , punk ass niggas man .

"You good ? " I see her walking out the bathroom . She nods and walks past me like a zombie to the kitchen . I get up and follow her to turn her around .

"What ? I'm about to make your sandwich " her sad ass mumbles .

"Fuck that sandwich Kennedy , you can talk to me . Want me to go murk this nigga or what ?" I ask in all seriousness . She lets out a small laugh before tears stroll down her face . "Don't cry over his corny ass " I say wiping her face .

"I'm not crying over him " she sighs "I'm crying because my life sucks " she breaks down harder "when I was little I imagined myself doing big things . Owning my own boutique , living in my own condo and taking control of my own life . Now I'm working at a damn burger place , got kicked out of my mom house , moved into to a coworkers house, then moved again to a niggas house and he just kicked me out to . My brother locked up and my dad is dead " she cries into my chest . I take in what she says and then hold her tighter .

"Damn your life does suck " I say . She raises her head to look at me and then rolls her eyes turning around . Okay bad thing to say . "Look ken I know I'm bad at this comforting shit but I promise it's going to get better " I say

"When ? " she asks . Damn that caught me off guard and she noticed .

"Probably not soon" I say and more tears stream down her face "but " I say trying to make up something better to say " everything's going to - "

"Forget it ,Let me just make this sandwich " she mumbles . I look at her and shake my head . I hated seeing her like this . I don't know what got into me but seeing her sad really affected me . Made me feel all gushy like a little bitch .

"Nah get your stuff together we finna go " I tell her .

"To where , the homeless shelter?"

I laugh at her then stop seeing that she was serious . I shake my head and grab her hand leading her to the car .

Cant see her like this .

Omniscient pov

Kennedy waited in the car and waiting for von to finish getting ready . He really just wanted to stall so he could come up with something that was going to cheer her up . He couldn't even believe he was thinking this hard about it . Usually he wouldn't even care . But something about Kennedy brought out his soft side . Maybe it was yesterday and the sentimental moment they shared , or maybe it was because she's durks sister . He didn't know but he knew it made him sad when she was sad . All he ever wants to see is a smile on her face , even if it's when she's cussing him out .

Kennedy felt sad . But not even about Daniel breaking up with her . It was about her not having anything . She felt like a failure . Like her whole life was purposeless for her to end up right where she started .

Von finally walks out the house with a new outfit on and all of his chains . She watches him walk to the car and laughs to her self .

"What you smiling at ? " he asks getting in the car

"Your bow legs " she smiles and he smirks a little bit not even getting mad .

"Glad I could cheer you up " he says sarcastically then mushes her head . He starts the car and she didn't even bother to ask where they were going . She didn't care , she didn't have anywhere to be anyways . All her life she's been having setbacks , but today made feel feel like she shouldn't even try no more .

Von looks over at her a few times while he drove and it made him mad . Not at her , but the fact that her smile got taken away in one phone call . He wanted to beat Daniels ass for doing that to her .

"I know you probably hungry but we gotta stop somewhere first " he tells her and pulls into her job . She gasps and shakes her head .

"Thanks for the ride " she chuckles feeling a little hurt that this is where he would take her .

"Girl sit yo ass down , you not going no where " he tells her and she looks at him confused . She though he was just going to drop her off and leave . "I'm finna go handle something "

"Von- "

Before she could get her words out he pushes open his door and storms inside the burger place .

"Oh god " the guy from yesterday mumbles remembering his face " look Kennedy's not here man "

"Shut the hell up where is Donnie ?" He asks with a bawled fist .

"Who ? " the guy asks von sighs in frustration "look my name is frank I just wor- "

"I didn't ask nigga where is Donnie ?! " Von yells

" do you mean Daniel ? " a girl asks him

"Daniel Donnie doofus I don't give a damn "

"Well Daniels not here today " she tells him and he rolls his eyes .

"Well when he gets here tell him imma shove my-"

"Dayvon ?" Jordie asks coming out the break room . He looks at her confused not remembering who she is .

"Hoe how you know my name ? " he asks . She frowns and shakes her head .

"I don't even have the energy today " she mumbles "Kennedy's stuff is right here " she tells him .

He hops over the counter and grabs it . "Tell her to call me when she gets a chance " she says "oh yeah and Daniel said she was fired " she mumbles feeling bad for even repeating it . She really liked Kennedy as a friend but the situation with Von had her questioning kennedys loyalty . To Daniel and herself . Jordie really thought her and Von had something going on when he could barely remember who she was , but now Kennedy was with him . That didn't sit right with her .

Jordie walks off and Von exhales feeling guilty all over again . He felt like all this could have been prevented if he never would have came and got Kennedy In the first place . But when Durk cussed him out thats the first person he thought about to come and make it right . The situation and himself .

He grabs her stuff and walks out side to put in the car , then he gets in the driver seat .

"What happened ? Was Daniel in there? " Kennedy asks

"Nope " Von answers .

"Oh thank god , so everything went smooth ? "

"Wellllllll " he starts " you kinda don't have a job anymore , but a girl in there said to call her tho " he tries to say fast enough so she didn't understand him . But she understood every word.

"It was jordie wasnt it ? " Kennedy palms her face . Daniel was blowing this whole thing out of proportion and it felt like it was blowing up in Kennedy's face .

"I don't know who that is but fuck them Kennedy " Von says grabbing her "all this crying shit ain't you , fuck these niggas , caskets don't come with two seats in them mufukas you don't need them " he tells her . She looks at him and nods her head .

"Your right " she nods .

"Now let's go enjoy the day , what you want to eat ? "