Outro

Omniscient pov

Kennedy pulls up in front of her mom house and exhales feeling like she was back to square one . Like she was crawling back to the bottom because she failed and she hated to say it but her mother was right .

Last time she was here her mother told her not to come back when things go wrong . So she's taking a risk even coming back here . But she didn't know where else to turn other than to the person who went through this type of stuff first hand . She knew deep down in side her mother would understand and hopefully give her the guidance she desperately needed .

Kennedy walks up to her moms door and gives it a light knock . About thirty seconds later , it swings open and her mother's face drops seeing Kennedy standing there with tears building up in her eyes . She frowns her face and shakes her head .

"Shit went wrong didnt it ? " she asks with attitude clear in her voice . Kennedy pauses for a moment to let her lip quiver then burst into tears .

Her mom is caught off guard at first and then grabs Kennedy and pulls her into the house . "Baby why are you crying ? " she asks in the softest tone Kennedy has every heard her speak . She almost forgot she was at her moms house for a second .

"You was right ma " she cries " he played me , he fucking played me !"

"Kennedy calm down and explain to me what you talking bout "

"He got two girls pregnant, it's over " Kennedy sighs and her mother's face saddens . She didn't expect it to be that bad " Cmon I'm ready for it ma . Tell me how stupid I am and how right you are" Kennedy says wiping her face .

Her mother shakes her head and takes a seat next to Kennedy on the couch . " I was wrong and you aren't stupid "

Kennedy furrows her eye brows and turn towards her confused . "What ? "

"I was wrong about him and I apologize for calling you stupid " she says and Kennedy stays shocked . She just got an apology from her and her mom never apologized for anything . Something was definitely up .

" your whole life ive been hard on you so you don't make the same dumb decisions I made . But now I realize that me treating you like that is what led you to do it anyways . I'm sorry for not raising you or setting a good example on how a woman should be treated or carry herself , because I'm not a woman " she says

"but when I look at you , I see a strong beautiful woman and I'm intimidated because your everything I wanted to be growing up , so I tried to break you down so you wouldn't flourish " she admits and starts to get emotional .

This is what Kennedy needed to hear her whole life . A real apology. "You have so much drive and determination, I know you didn't get that from me so I tried to take it from you . But you never let me break you . " she smiles a little.

"When you came to me last time . I was jealous of the fact that you turned a hood nigga into a lover because it's something I couldn't do ,so I told you to leave him when really that boy loves you to the moon and back " she tells her and Kennedy shakes her head

"Momma where is this coming from I thought you hated Von ? " She ask her and she sighs .

"A few days ago Dayvon came and asked me for my blessing " she says and Kennedy gasps .

"He did ? "

"Yep " she nods "Of course I said no but he cussed me out and said he was going to marry you anyways " she says and Kennedy laughs a little . She thought about how disrespectful Von is for cussing out her mother .

"Well we're not getting married" She shakes her head . Kennedys mom looks at her and gets up to grab a book .

"Come here"she says waving her over and Kennedy sits next to her at the dining table .she opens the book and it's filled with pictures of Kennedys dad and mom when they were younger and in love.